PDA

View Full Version : GSP/Penn fight overturned to a NC

rearnakedchoke
03-31-2009, 04:37 PM
Actually it wasn't, just wanted the delusional BJ fans to get their false hopes up and dashed ...
LOL

Carry on ...

Crisco
03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
The horse has been beat to death and yet the clubs keep on coming

County Mike
03-31-2009, 05:34 PM
One day too early.

sender
03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
haha that made me laugh

rearnakedchoke
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
One day too early.
Ahhhhhhh .. didn't think about that ......

Llamafighter
03-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Which reminds me that Matt got us all pretty good last year, I wonder if he'll try again...:ninja:

Vizion
03-31-2009, 07:40 PM
:laugh:

rockdawg21
03-31-2009, 10:12 PM
LOL, love it!

Chuck
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Which reminds me that Matt got us all pretty good last year, I wonder if he'll try again...:ninja:

He didn't fool all of us.... :tongue0011:

I mean he got me of course.... I'm just sayin...
:wink:

logrus
04-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Must not have been too good cause I don't remember...

3dlee
04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Last year Matt said he was moving up to fight Shogun. silly matt... trix are for kids!

Tyburn
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
:ashamed: well this thread sure fooled me :laugh:

County Mike
04-02-2009, 01:12 AM
They're showing that fight on Spike April 11th. Pay close attention to the vaseline.

Chuck
04-02-2009, 01:27 AM
They're showing that fight on Spike April 11th. Pay close attention to the vaseline.

I can hardly wait for the boards after that fight....

when the penn folks come back to cry.... :wink:

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I can hardly wait for the boards after that fight....

when the penn folks come back to cry.... :wink:

Yup, it bad enough hearing the Cryin' Hawaiin himself, but when his fans start, that is the end of it .....

Chuck
04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Yup, it bad enough hearing the Cryin' Hawaiin himself, but when his fans start, that is the end of it .....

It's going to be interesting to see how they react when they actually see how little Vaseline could have actually been transferred....

"But he's still a cheater".... they'll whine...... I can hear it now... :laugh:

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 02:33 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how they react when they actually see how little Vaseline could have actually been transferred....

Boy, you've got good hearing! I don't hear anything. :laugh:

Chuck
04-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Boy, you've got good hearing! I don't hear anything. :laugh:

:laugh:

I don't think you have enough kids.... your ears have to be trained to pick up the crying and whimpering of a distressed child.... :wink:

Max
04-02-2009, 04:07 PM

Its more of the BJ haters who keep bringing it up. Most BJ fans understand that GSP cheated, and has cheated before, but people just dont care. Even Jason Miller understands this

Miller, who lost to St. Pierre at UFC 52 in April 2005, believed the Canadian was “greased up” during their welterweight contest and certainly sympathized with Penn.

“It’s like, ‘Yeah, get over it,’ but it was the same thing when I fought him and he was greased up,” said Miller. “I was like, ‘[Referee] Big John [McCarthy], he’s greased up.’ He didn’t give a damn. ‘You’re getting beat up. Shut up.’ It’s just now the commission is telling B.J.’s mom that. It sucks that’s what it has to come to.”

He also spoke candidly over what he perceives as a blatant disregard of the rules.

“We go all the way up to the commission and from me getting beat up in the second round saying, ‘Hey, this guy is greased up,’ to BJ taking it all the way to the Nevada State Athletic Commission and them still saying, ‘Nah,’” said Miller. “Like look, don’t have the rule if you’re not going to enforce it. Don’t even have the rule. Let’s just cover ourselves in baby oil and let’s fight. Lets do it. Like I didn’t really care. I would fight Georges with a tire iron. We both have a tire iron and a trash can lid and I’d fight him like that. But that’s not the rules. The rules are don’t grease yourself up and he broke them, but no one gives a damn.”

County Mike
04-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Tire irons and trash can lids. Now we're talking!

Miss Foxy
04-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I never liked BJ, but lately I am finding myself liking him.. I don't know I just believe he is being sincere.... I still can't stand and will NEVER, EVER like GSP... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a fake in my eyes and looks like a weasel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A really slippery one.. :punch:

Vizion
04-02-2009, 06:35 PM
BJ makes a compelling case tho...if GSP was greased up, then his win is in question...I wouldn't mind a NC and then a rematch.

You know GSP smiling all the way to the bank...

Max
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
BJ makes a compelling case tho...if GSP was greased up, then his win is in question...I wouldn't mind a NC and then a rematch.

You know GSP smiling all the way to the bank...
I dont really think it should be a NC. I think what GSP did caused BJ to take more punishment than he would have but in the end I think GSP is just to big for BJ. I think the UFC should just make sure they check fighters in the locker room and before they enter the cage to make sure they are not greased.

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I dont really think it should be a NC. I think what GSP did caused BJ to take more punishment than he would have but in the end I think GSP is just to big for BJ. I think the UFC should just make sure they check fighters in the locker room and before they enter the cage to make sure they are not greased.

they already do that and quite well .. it is monitoring it in the cage that is important ..... those NSAC guys are idiots .. they were told that GSP may get greased, he was greased and instead of making him wipe it off, they let him go out for the round and then wiped him after the 2nd and 3rd .... oh well ....

Vizion
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I agree GSP would have probably won, yet still, it calls the win into question (i.e. the fight was unfair because GSP had vasoline all over himself).

I guess I just think an example needs to be made.