PDA

View Full Version : Jens the Budgies latest trick

Tyburn
03-29-2009, 04:08 PM
:laugh: I am begining to think the Bird doesnt talk because it doesnt want to, only I know that in other ways Jens is an extremely quick learner

Let me explain. So He's learned that if he flies from his cage to a perch and just sits or hops around. I will sit down rather then stand up. This of course means he does less flying. So when I stand up to come get him he takes off...and flutters and he's learned to return to the same perch...this makes him a bugger to catch coz he's no longer exhausted from flying, and he simply lifts off, and then lands every time I come for him... he's also flapping less...and swooping, or soaring, more..conservation of energy I suppose...

He's not flying much, and he knows I cant get him back in the cage so easily

Now tell me why a budgie that can figure that out, hasnt learned to talk im two weeks :angry:

Bonnie
03-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I think he's playing head games with you. :laugh:

Tyburn
03-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I think he's playing head games with you. :laugh:
I dont know which one is more likely of us to have a heart attack tonight

him...he went flying, and when he couldnt fly he RAN on the floor...or me...I'm sweating buckets...and its taken me 20 mins to get him back into his bloody cage

He wont be flying tomorrow...lil sod :angry:

Bonnie
03-29-2009, 05:07 PM
WAR DAVE!!! :laugh:

Tyburn
03-29-2009, 05:28 PM
WAR DAVE!!! :laugh:
:laugh:

I cant help it, tommorow I'll have to let him out again...

and I think he knows that :ashamed:

played by a Budgie :rolleyes:

Chuck
03-29-2009, 07:03 PM
...and its taken me 20 mins to get him back into his bloody cage

:happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:

Tyburn
03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
:happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:
I didnt want to hurt him...but he took advantage of my...caution.

When he was on the floor it was the worst because I had to bend down everytime I wanted to try and corner him to pick him up...he'd just fly through my legs...or into my face

Ever had a squarking parakeet come at you flapping wings, tail, and pooping everywhere :huh:

Its like "get out of my personal space" :frantics:

I caught him eventually...but all the time I was being cautious...I didnt want to hurt him in catching him...squeeze to hard...or fall on top of him, or knock into something that hits him...and you can kill him.

But he takes the bloody piss if you dont mind me saying...I was getting frustrated with him...running across the floor it was even harder to catch him then when he was trying to dodge me from a perch of somekind.

But as soon as he was back in his cage... :unsure-1: I appologised to him for shouting :ashamed: he just fluffed up his feathers, blinking slowly :biggrin-1:

Moose
03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Ever had a squarking parakeet come at you flapping wings, tail, and pooping everywhere :huh:

Yes. That's what I call a typical Saturday night.

But he takes the bloody piss if you dont mind me saying...I was getting frustrated with him...running across the floor it was even harder to catch him then when he was trying to dodge me from a perch of somekind.

That's like some really lame version of Rocky Balboa chasing down the chicken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoEEPoBwf7Y
:punch: Go get 'em Dave!

Llamafighter
03-30-2009, 12:41 PM
That is one wiley budgie! You don't by chance have a video of this:Whistle:

County Mike
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Try teaching him some whistling patterns. That's probably an easier start for him.

When trying to catch him, throw a towel over him. Should be safer for him and easier for you.

Neezar
03-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Mike, The Bird Whisperer.... :laugh:

:wub:

Llamafighter
03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Try teaching him some whistling patterns. That's probably an easier start for him.

When trying to catch him, throw a towel over him. Should be safer for him and easier for you.

Dang, Mike got bird wranglin' skills, yo!

County Mike
03-30-2009, 02:58 PM
I used to have an African Gray parrot.

He picked up the different whistles very quickly, then moved on to speech and other sounds. Using a towel also made it a lot easier to catch him. After a while, he would just come to me and perch on my finger or shoulder, but the towel helped on days he didn't want to be caught.

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 04:59 PM

He'd go ballistic if I tried doing something like that :scared0011: I might try though

Today Jens was nearly killed when he fell behind the cupboard!! I had to tip the cupboard up to get him out...all the while he was litterally SCREAMING

Now he's fine...of course sitting on the top of the helmet...and I'm having serious thoughts as to HTF I'm supposed to make this room "Jens proof" :unsure-1:

que
03-30-2009, 05:32 PM
it is shy and is not comfortable in its environment yet i think. give it another week or two

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 05:33 PM
it is shy and is not comfortable in its environment yet i think. give it another week or two
I cant decide if thats true...or if he's just a good actor :laugh:

Llamafighter
03-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I cant decide if thats true...or if he's just a good actor :laugh:

He's right. Jens will learn where he can and cannot go. patience! :laugh:

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
He's right. Jens will learn where he can and cannot go. patience! :laugh:
He's cherping away now, and flutters on his own...he's fascinated by an ancient cord which is not connected to anything. He's not biting it...he just likes to play with it :laugh: like try and prise himself between this cord and the wall...:blink:

If I knew he was so easily pleased...he wont play with his ball :mellow:

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 06:11 PM
I used to have an African Gray parrot.

He picked up the different whistles very quickly, then moved on to speech and other sounds. Using a towel also made it a lot easier to catch him. After a while, he would just come to me and perch on my finger or shoulder, but the towel helped on days he didn't want to be caught.
Genius! :w00t:

I had to learn the technique to useing the towel..but if the towel goes right over him and swings of the helmet, he stops moving and squarking, and then I can slowly unravel the towel and get a hold of him and shove him back in his box :laugh:

Llamafighter
03-30-2009, 06:42 PM

I had to learn the technique to useing the towel..but if the towel goes right over him and swings of the helmet, he stops moving and squarking, and then I can slowly unravel the towel and get a hold of him and shove him back in his box :laugh:

VID VID VID VID!!!

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 07:03 PM
VID VID VID VID!!!
:laugh: I need both hands to hold the towel to stop him escaping...and I have noone to film me doing it...other then myself

I might be able to do it when someone comes round for dinner later this month though...you just have to have patience :rolleyes:

bradwright
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM

try a little arsenic Dave,that will make him much more manageable.:)
if there is anything else i can help you with,just let me know.:wink:

rockdawg21
03-30-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm happy you're enjoying your new pet so much Dave

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm happy you're enjoying your new pet so much Dave
:w00t: I love my budgie :laugh: