PDA

View Full Version : Bisping "My striking is way better than hendo's"

GnP
03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Michael Bisping: Dan Hendersons striking will be ‘nowhere near’ his level at UFC 100 (Audio)

here is the link to the audio clip. also says he would knockout Maia
http://mmamania.com/2009/03/26/michael- ... 100-audio/

Have to say I know this will get a great deal of hate on here, but i have to agree in prinicipal. Think Hendo has vastly superior knock out power and has been in with the best and done well but on a purley technical basis Bispings striking is better.

Blmfighter
03-27-2009, 02:34 PM
I think instead of looking at it has who has the most tech striking, it should be asked who has the most effective striking. Just because you have good tech does not mean that you have effective striking. You need to look at both offense and defense while also looking at speed and power.

If someone has good tech but does not hit hard enough to hurt the other guy, While the other guy hits hard every time. He may not win the fight.

I hope Dan wins this fight and I think he can do it standing.

rearnakedchoke
03-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Hendo will take him down repeatedly and with the UD ...

KevinD
03-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I hope Hendo demolishes him.

mikthehick
03-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm for Bisbing 100%. I don't really care what anyone else thinks. I stand my ground.

TheConcretekid
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Michael Bisping: Dan Hendersons striking will be ‘nowhere near’ his level at UFC 100

Even if this is true, this is a MMA match... with an Olympic wrestler. Go ahead and tell this guy how much time you put in on your striking, that just means your not working on your wrestling, take down defense, jits, clinch work, etc.

ufcfan2
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I'll agree I think Bisping striking is better and he probably is the quicker puncher. However; if the Hendo who fought Paulo(think thats it) shows up Bisping might be in some trouble for sure.
I'm sure Bisping's gameplan is the same for Hendo as it was for Leban dance around and avoid straight up fighting and win a decision :tongue0011:

*sorry but he should never say that was his gameplan to win a decision you just don't say that aloud..

warriorlion
03-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I think Bisping is right. His striking is better, but he doesnt have the power that Hendo has. Bisping has shown time and again taht his striking is technical and accurate, but I dont remember seeing him KO guys, even before he was on tuf. I think his is more effective in that his striking gains points, even going backwards against Leben.

But Dan is not going to lose his head like Leben, Hendo has power to finish it with one punch, but I cant see that happening, the test for Bissping will be how much did he learn from the Rashard fight, can he pop back up when Hendo takes him down, can Bisping do what Rich franklin did????

That I am not sure of!!! Should back Bisping being the brit and all, but I dont know if he has enough to stop hendo. We will see

Miss Foxy
03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Hendo all the way!!!

rockdawg21
03-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Bisping is on crack. He couldn't even outstrike Matt Hammil (he better thank God the judges were also on crack). If Hendo wants to keep it a standing battle, Hendo will KO him. I'd love to see that. Bisping may be more technical, but he has only half the power that Hendo has. No way Bisping can KO Hendo.

Keep in mind, I like Bisping. I think he's a BIG threat in the 185 pound division.

Llamafighter
03-27-2009, 05:19 PM
The only thing that matters in striking is effectiveness. Who careles how technical it is if you aren't scoring or knocking people out. I think Hendo has the advantage as far as power, but Bisping continues to improve and let's not forget that Hendo's striking is focused mainly around one tool. that heavy right hand. Bisping has a lot of tools he can use. I think Hendo that Hendo will neutralize Bisping in the clinch and win a decision.

lc87
03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Don't forget the heavy left too. He throws tons of power into everything he throws. And the spinning backfist he used that well against wand

Krupp
03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
If Hendo can beat Rich, he will beat Bisping like a drum. That's all I'm going to say.

WAR HENDO

Jason 16
03-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I'll agree I think Bisping striking is better and he probably is the quicker puncher. However; if the Hendo who fought Paulo(think thats it) shows up Bisping might be in some trouble for sure.
I'm sure Bisping's gameplan is the same for Hendo as it was for Leban dance around and avoid straight up fighting and win a decision :tongue0011:

*sorry but he should never say that was his gameplan to win a decision you just don't say that aloud..

how about the Hendo that koed wandy

Crisco
03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Bisping has the style to frustrate Hendo.

The count has no qualms about running away where as Hendo LOVES to bang.

so it will be interesting to see how it plays out but I pick Hendo by TKO.

Krupp
03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
how about the Hendo that koed wandy

As much as I hate to talk about it, yeah. How can anyone forget that? He knocked Wand out with his left hand after breaking his right hand on Wand's head.

Man. There's a reason why Wand's my favorite fighter, but Hendo's my third, hahaha.

GnP
03-28-2009, 11:54 AM
I may end up looking very stupid here, but i am gonna pick Bisping to win this one after a very close fight. Just think his crips punches will pepper hendo (not hurt him though) and he will keep it on its feet or pop up most of the time. Time will tell though sure most will disagree on here

CAVEMAN
03-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Hendo will drop Bisping like a tire iron in a swimming pool!:)

Tyburn
03-29-2009, 06:11 PM
I hope Hendo demolishes him.
:laugh: so do I :laugh:

matthughesfan21
03-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Michael Bisping: Dan Hendersons striking will be ‘nowhere near’ his level at UFC 100 (Audio)

here is the link to the audio clip. also says he would knockout Maia
http://mmamania.com/2009/03/26/michael- ... 100-audio/

Have to say I know this will get a great deal of hate on here, but i have to agree in prinicipal. Think Hendo has vastly superior knock out power and has been in with the best and done well but on a purley technical basis Bispings striking is better.
His striking is probably better, but with less power...But he should be thinking about how inferior he is in the wrestling department.....and Maia would sub him IMO

Krupp
03-30-2009, 04:12 AM
If Rashad can beat Bisping through wrestling, there's no reason that a guy like Hendo can't beat him.

Josh
03-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I really don't understand Bisbing's overconfidence. It's great to be confident but the guy is really out to lunch. I know "anything can happen in MMA, blah, blah, blah," but I would be shocked if Bisbing finds a way to beat Hendo.

Llamafighter
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I really don't understand Bisbing's overconfidence. It's great to be confident but the guy is really out to lunch. I know "anything can happen in MMA, blah, blah, blah," but I would be shocked if Bisbing finds a way to beat Hendo.
I imagine a lot of what we're hearing is based from hsi experience on the show. Dana made it sound like the coaches got really competitive during filming. I hope they both come out wanting to destroy the other guy. it will make for a fun fight!

Josh
03-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I imagine a lot of what we're hearing is based from hsi experience on the show. Dana made it sound like the coaches got really competitive during filming. I hope they both come out wanting to destroy the other guy. it will make for a fun fight!
Yeah me too.

que
03-30-2009, 05:09 PM
me thinks the few bisping fans left will also abandon him after the reality show exposes him for being the cocky immature rude guy that he is, and shows how classy and nice hendo is.

Moose
03-30-2009, 05:14 PM
me thinks the few bisping fans left will also abandon him after the reality show exposes him for being the cocky immature rude guy that he is, and shows how classy and nice hendo is.

I hope you are/aren't right. I hope Bisping is better than I think, but I obviously don't think he is.

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I think everyone will abandon Henderson, when we see his true character...you know...headbutt in the first...eye poke in the last....:ninja:

Smack talker Bisping may be....but at least he's not...a .....cheat :laugh:

que
03-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I think everyone will abandon Henderson, when we see his true character...you know...headbutt in the first...eye poke in the last....:ninja:

Smack talker Bisping may be....but at least he's not...a .....cheat :laugh:

henderson is a cheat? when?

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 05:40 PM
henderson is a cheat? when?
:ninja: when he accidently on purpose poked Rich Franklin in the eye.

Watch the replay...looks deliberate....someone at his level shouldnt be making that many mistakes in a match

I withdrew all my support from Henderson after watching the replays...

He needs to watch himself, TUF can be just as much a curse as a blessing. At least, finally we have a match where they both deserve each other.

que
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
:ninja: when he accidently on purpose poked Rich Franklin in the eye.

Watch the replay...looks deliberate....someone at his level shouldnt be making that many mistakes in a match

I withdrew all my support from Henderson after watching the replays...

He needs to watch himself, TUF can be just as much a curse as a blessing. At least, finally we have a match where they both deserve each other.

i seriously doubt that was on purpose. hendo is not like that and he needs no reason to poke someone in the eye. he is a true competitor who wants a real win and with millions of people watching he isn't stupid enough to do that on purpose in front of everyone. eye pokes happen all the time in mma especially with those little gloves

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 06:54 PM
i seriously doubt that was on purpose. hendo is not like that and he needs no reason to poke someone in the eye. he is a true competitor who wants a real win and with millions of people watching he isn't stupid enough to do that on purpose in front of everyone. eye pokes happen all the time in mma especially with those little gloves
He has held multiple belts in Pride, and he was in the main event. He was only competiting for 15 mins

during that time he managed a headbutt and an Eyepoke. The former looked accidental, the latter looked deliberate, naturally not even one point was deducted since it was supposedly just accidental...every other mistake a fighter makes in punished...there is very little that stops a fighter from making several accidents occur that lead to a win.

Its the fact he hasnt, to the best of my knowledge, got a history of this, that makes me think it was also deliberate. Hadnt had the best run in his career, had to win to get on TUF...gave an increadibly poor performance, which seemingly noone cares or has picked up on.

Now we see, TUF will shine the lime light in his direction, and I hope, for his sake, he looks good. :ninja:

que
03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Its the fact he hasnt, to the best of my knowledge, got a history of this, that makes me think it was also deliberate. Hadnt had the best run in his career, had to win to get on TUF...gave an increadibly poor performance, which seemingly noone cares or has picked up on.

the way you talk about hendo it makes him sound pretty bad. you can make any fighter sound bad if you say it like that.

hendo has fought more top fighters than any other fighter in MMA history and he has only been finished 3 times... by big nog, little nog, and anderson silva. that by itself is an incredible feat. he has had a great career run and one that most fighters could only wish to have

i'm not even a huge hendo fan but c'mon man, you gotta give him a bit more credit when you talk about him like that. and about his poor performance, i would give him a break. he is 38 years old (way past the prime of most fighters) and his body has been in many wars and taken huge beatings throughout his career. it is only expected that he declines as he gets older, that is the natural way.

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
1)the way you talk about hendo it makes him sound pretty bad. you can make any fighter sound bad if you say it like that.

2) hendo has fought more top fighters than any other fighter in MMA history and he has only been finished 3 times... by big nog, little nog, and anderson silva. that by itself is an incredible feat. he has had a great career run and one that most fighters could only wish to have

3) i'm not even a huge hendo fan but c'mon man, you gotta give him a bit more credit when you talk about him like that. and about his poor performance, i would give him a break. he is 38 years old (way past the prime of most fighters) and his body has been in many wars and taken huge beatings throughout his career. it is only expected that he declines as he gets older, that is the natural way.
1) Yes, it does doesnt it.

2) That is partly why I'm so dissapointed Que. For someone who has fought so many of the best and been finished by so few, shouldnt his accuracy be a little bit better then what was displayed versus Rich Franklin? Dont we expect someone who has done all you've listed to live up to expectations

3) Would you still be saying that if Rich Franklin had been forced into retirement due to an illegal strike? Will you still think that in future if someone you like is conned out of the chance of a strictly fair fight by a few too many accidents??

When will the Refs start to crack down on a blatent issue of Fighter Safety?? Will it take a career ending "accident" before they bother?

I dont mind people putting on poor performances if it reflects on them. I DO mind when people put on poor performances that endanger the lives of others and when that danger is frankly ignored.

So...Let us see what happens on TUF, as to whether he will regain my support or not. I really get annoyed with Fighters that let me down. Georges Saint Pierre did it...I hope TUF vindicates Henderson...but at this stage I will be honnest, and say, I dont know that it will.:sad:

que
03-30-2009, 08:02 PM
1) Yes, it does doesnt it.

2) That is partly why I'm so dissapointed Que. For someone who has fought so many of the best and been finished by so few, shouldnt his accuracy be a little bit better then what was displayed versus Rich Franklin? Dont we expect someone who has done all you've listed to live up to expectations

3) Would you still be saying that if Rich Franklin had been forced into retirement due to an illegal strike? Will you still think that in future if someone you like is conned out of the chance of a strictly fair fight by a few too many accidents??

When will the Refs start to crack down on a blatent issue of Fighter Safety?? Will it take a career ending "accident" before they bother?

I dont mind people putting on poor performances if it reflects on them. I DO mind when people put on poor performances that endanger the lives of others and when that danger is frankly ignored.

So...Let us see what happens on TUF, as to whether he will regain my support or not. I really get annoyed with Fighters that let me down. Georges Saint Pierre did it...I hope TUF vindicates Henderson...but at this stage I will be honnest, and say, I dont know that it will.:sad:

2) as i already said, hendo's poor performance (although it wasn't really a 'poor' performance) is not surprising because of his age. he is getting old and he is declining. he is not as good as he once was and that is expected for his age.

3) if hendo forced franklin into retirement because of the eye poke or head butt then i would be greatly dissapointed. but it still would depend on whether or not he did it intentionally or not. and i don't believe he did. i see no reason why hendo would want to intentionally cheat. it is not in his character. with that said.. even if hendo did not eye poke or head butt franklin, i still believe he won that fight fair and square. of course that is a matter of opinion though but i feel he won anyways.

i don't see why hendo needs to regain your confidence in TUF but i think he will. people will see what a good person/role model/coach he is. i hope

Neezar
03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Its the fact he hasnt, to the best of my knowledge, got a history of this, that makes me think it was also deliberate.

Because he hasn't had a history of eye pokes then he can't do it accidentally? :laugh: That makes perfect sense!

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
did you watch the replay :huh:

it really looks deliberate.

I guess we'll see, perhaps if he cant fight a single match without multiple mistakes...he ought to retire so that his opponents dont face unnecc injury due to his decline in age :unsure-1:

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Because he hasn't had a history of eye pokes then he can't do it accidentally? :laugh: That makes perfect sense!
he doesnt have a history of low blows...so whats his excuse for starting now...with more then one :huh:

Jonlion
03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
did you watch the replay :huh:

it really looks deliberate.

I guess we'll see, perhaps if he cant fight a single match without multiple mistakes...he ought to retire so that his opponents dont face unnecc injury due to his decline in age :unsure-1:

Dave, i hate it when you are like this!

Hendo was fighting one of the greatest fighters in the game and he to beat him he had to be good. 2 Rounds he won, the last he was in trouble but he rode it out.

He won fair and square against a great fighter. Rich never complained, no one suspects Hendo doinng anything deliberate.

The facts are, he won the fight, he is a legend in this sport and to me an all round great guy. He has been nothing short of excellent.

He has let no one down and i am proud of him and he needs to prove nothing what so ever to me.

He just needs a competitive TUF with Bisping and hopefully a great fight at the end of it.

I think i prefer Hendo over Bisping but i'd be happy for both.

Tyburn
03-30-2009, 10:03 PM
1)
He won fair and square against a great fighter. Rich never complained, no one suspects Hendo doinng anything deliberate.

The facts are, he won the fight, he is a legend in this sport and to me an all round great guy. He has been nothing short of excellent.

He has let no one down and i am proud of him and he needs to prove nothing what so ever to me.

He just needs a competitive TUF with Bisping and hopefully a great fight at the end of it.

I think i prefer Hendo over Bisping but i'd be happy for both.
1) Believe me when I say, that I am not the only person who thinks the eye poke was deliberate, I'm not the only person infact who has told Franklin, that the replay sure looks deliberate

2) This isnt about Henderson winning, its FAR deeper then that. Firstly, Fighter should be punished for illegal blows, and they are not, Secondly someone is going to end up seriously hurt one day, thankfully Rich Franklin was not

3) so the facts are that we dont know if he's wonderful and classy, he may have fought a lot of names, but something was seriously lacking in his performance, be it accidental age, or deliberate career advantage.

...So let the Populas be the Judge after TUF...but whereas before his stunt with Franklin I would have supported Henderson...now I shall wait to see who impresses me most :)