PDA

View Full Version : Night Eating Syndrome... are you kidding me?

NateR
02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
I heard about this on the radio and couldn't believe it was actually a real thing:
NES: Night Eating Syndrome (http://www.anred.com/nes.html)

And I thought RLS: Restless Leg Syndrome was ridiculous.

So, is every undesirable human behavior going to be tied to a syndrome from this point on? Maybe we should start making up our own syndromes.

I think I might be suffering from MOPSS, or Mocks Other People's Syndromes Syndrome.

Neezar
02-01-2013, 03:36 AM
I thought only people who take Ambien got up and ate during the night. :unsure-1:

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm way too lazy for this to ever happen to me :laugh:

I have heard of it. Just recently on TV. The guy suspected himself of it ( woke up to cooked food and a mess in the kitchen) so he set up a video camera and there he was :laugh:

Wait....this isn't in the link is it? :unsure-1:

flo
02-01-2013, 05:24 AM
I thought it was just an excuse for people who like to eat to raid the 'fridge in the middle of the night. Then I heard about some woman whose son woke her up while she was eating a brillo pad. :scared0011:

Besides MOPSS, I also have STLOTIS.

Stays Too Long On The Internet Syndrome

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2013, 05:54 AM
A brillo pad :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NateR
02-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Besides MOPSS, I also have STLOTIS.

Stays Too Long On The Internet Syndrome

Those are serious medical conditions and you need medical care... or drugs. :laugh:

I recently read about another syndrome called EVBS, or Endless Video Blogging Syndrome. I think I know someone who might have that. :Whistle:

flo
02-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Those are serious medical conditions and you need medical care... or drugs. :laugh:

I recently read about another syndrome called EVBS, or Endless Video Blogging Syndrome. I think I know someone who might have that. :Whistle:

Yeah, sounds familiar... :scratchchin:

tee hee

TexasRN
02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I've got restless leg syndrome. It's a pain in the butt. I don't need meds for it but it does keep me from falling asleep. Quit laughing at my medical issues, Nate!! :angry:

:laugh: Really, I do have it. My dad does as well. I just stretch my legs over and over at night when it acts up and that usually works for me. It started when I was pregnant with my son and flares up occasionally.

~Amy

County Mike
02-01-2013, 02:25 PM
My wife claims to have this condition.

I call it low will power but whatever.

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
seems legit to me .... i don't know if its a syndrome more than its just that people have different rhythms in their body .. some people are morning people, others need a few hours before they do anything meaningful .... just like i don't think everyone can adopt a 3 square meals aday routine ... some like to have smaller, more frequent meals ... wait, what the hell am i talking about now ... i feel like dave .. i almost started talking about that time i got into a row with some bloke from leeds whilst taking a walk near the river thames ........

NateR
02-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Quit laughing at my medical issues, Nate!! :angry:

I can't help myself, I've got a serious medical condition. :Whistle:

adamt
02-01-2013, 06:17 PM
i know this is a major rabbit trail, but i honestly don't know how anyone can believe in evolution when you look at how the human race and human bodies are doing nothing but deteriorating. we are devolving right before our very eyes, not evolving

all these syndromes, cancers, diseases, flus, colds, sickness, etc.... though our medical prowess has advanced, we are the most unhealthy generation there has ever been

i also think obesity has alot to do with a flawed body ----think about it, in an engine when you have excess carbon, you foul your plugs, you don't blame the fuel or the plug, but there is something else wrong

the world waxeth old, not young-----and we are definitely getting less and less perfect, not more perfect, not better immunity

County Mike
02-01-2013, 06:18 PM
i know this is a major rabbit trail, but i honestly don't know how anyone can believe in evolution when you look at how the human race and human bodies are doing nothing but deteriorating. we are devolving right before our very eyes, not evolving

all these syndromes, cancers, diseases, flus, colds, sickness, etc.... though our medical prowess has advanced, we are the most unhealthy generation there has ever been

i also think obesity has alot to do with a flawed body ----think about it, in an engine when you have excess carbon, you foul your plugs, you don't blame the fuel or the plug, but there is something else wrong

the world waxeth old, not young-----and we are definitely getting less and less perfect, not more perfect, not better immunity

Speak for yourself. I'm getting more awesome every day!

adamt
02-01-2013, 07:16 PM

there are always exceptions to the rule......then again maybe you're not getting more awesome you're just staying the same while everyone else is getting worse, only giving the appearance that you are more awesome due to the larger gap between you and the closest competition for most awesomest

County Mike
02-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Haha

flo
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM
I've got restless leg syndrome. It's a pain in the butt. I don't need meds for it but it does keep me from falling asleep. Quit laughing at my medical issues, Nate!! :angry:

:laugh: Really, I do have it. My dad does as well. I just stretch my legs over and over at night when it acts up and that usually works for me. It started when I was pregnant with my son and flares up occasionally.

~Amy

I think it's actually fairly common, isn't it? I've gotten it occasionally the last few years, ditto for my better half. I just get up and walk around, that usually helps. It definitely keeps a person from falling asleep!

But I agree that it's popular now to label every little commplaint or eccentric behavior with a "syndrome" tag.

flo
02-01-2013, 09:14 PM

Ditto!!

Creakier, but definitely awesome!

:happydancing:

TexasRN
02-01-2013, 10:19 PM
I think it's actually fairly common, isn't it? I've gotten it occasionally the last few years, ditto for my better half. I just get up and walk around, that usually helps. It definitely keeps a person from falling asleep!

But I agree that it's popular now to label every little commplaint or eccentric behavior with a "syndrome" tag.

That and I think we expect to be 100% happy, 100% healthy, and 100% pain free all of the time without having to work for it. We, as a society, now want a magic fix to all our ills and it just isn't realistic. We don't deal well with discomfort. What a bunch of whiners us humans are. :laugh:

~Amy

Neezar
02-02-2013, 04:09 AM
seems legit to me .... i don't know if its a syndrome more than its just that people have different rhythms in their body .. some people are morning people, others need a few hours before they do anything meaningful .... just like i don't think everyone can adopt a 3 square meals aday routine ... some like to have smaller, more frequent meals ... wait, what the hell am i talking about now ... i feel like dave .. i almost started talking about that time i got into a row with some bloke from leeds whilst taking a walk near the river thames ........

Tyburn
02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Then I heard about some woman whose son woke her up while she was eating a brillo pad. :scared0011:

:laugh::laugh:

Getting up and eating at night isnt a syndrome, its a bad habit

Being asleep, and getting up, and eating whilst your still asleep...that IS a Syndrome. Sleep Disorders can be really horrible...Sleep Walking for example, is fine...until you fall down the stairs or jump out of the window IN YOUR SLEEP. Sleep talking is just bizzare...I do...or did both when I was younger.

More serious can be night terrors, where you have a bad dream, but you dont wake up...instead, you start acting it out in whilst your asleep...Equally as bad is Sleep Apnia...Where people forget to breath whilst they are sleeping...I've had that once or twice...coz eventually when you cant hold your breath any longer, your body wakes you up and its like pressure valve has been released.

As for restless leg syndrome...that depends what causes it...ever heard of myclonic dystonic Tremours...they are NOT to be laughed at, unless your uber insensative. :angry:

There is also little man syndrome...you all know the McShouty who feels he has to make noise to make up for the fact he's small and weak. :laugh:

Tyburn
02-02-2013, 07:03 PM

At least I dont pretend to be something that I'm not. :mellow:

FYI I have VDS

Verbal Diarrhea Syndrome :angry: Video Blogging is my therapy :unsure-1: Appologise at once :laugh:

Tyburn
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
i feel like dave .. i almost started talking about that time i got into a row with some bloke from leeds whilst taking a walk near the river thames ........

:angry: dont be a turd :angry: