PDA

View Full Version : the start of the first Episode (English Trials)

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.spike.com/video/leak/3137823 :laugh: not suprisingly...I got this from Gary Kelly :rolleyes:

Tyburn
03-26-2009, 09:20 PM
LMAO...you only get subtitles for the Scouser :laugh: :laugh: mindue, Kelly has an extremely strong liverpudlian accent, I'm used to it now that I'm visiting Liverpool so often, they all speak like that there

its half way to a welsh accent...but dont tell them that :unsure:

Bonnie
03-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Is welsh like Scottish? I noticed he didn't pronounce his "h" in "hungrier".

I'm looking forward to this TUF since it's pitting the Brits against the Americans. I guess they are all British. :unsure-1:

Tyburn
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Is welsh like Scottish? I noticed he didn't pronounce his "h" in "hungrier".

I'm looking forward to this TUF since it's pitting the Brits against the Americans. I guess they are all British. :unsure-1:
Well, Welsh is quite tonal, and Scottish is more abrupt, more like a brogue, more like Irish. Welsh accents tend to RISE in pitch on the last sylable of words and phrases...

Liverpool isnt too far from Wales, its the bit of coast just north of where the top of wales joins England...and yes, they could potentially have fighters from Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, and still count them as "British" :ninja:

warriorlion
03-27-2009, 05:53 PM
there is at least one guy on the UK team fighting to get in the house thats from Wales, hes from Swansea

TheConcretekid
03-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Liverpool isnt too far from Wales, its the bit of coast just north of where the top of wales joins England...and yes, they could potentially have fighters from Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, and still count them as "British" :ninja:

I have visited each country in the UK as well as Ireland and I recall the Welsh in particular being pretty adamant about expressing their discontent with being called British, even more so than when the Republic of Ireland is referred to as part of Britain.

Tyburn
03-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I have visited each country in the UK as well as Ireland and I recall the Welsh in particular being pretty adamant about expressing their discontent with being called British, even more so than when the Republic of Ireland is referred to as part of Britain.
The Republic of Eire ISNT British.

Wales is..."adament about expressing their discontent" with about everything...that'll be the Welsh :laugh:

We used to have a Welsh Tutor who liked to say "dont smile at me, I'm not in the mood" :unsure:

Great Britian = England, Wales, Scotland
United Kingom = Britian Plus Ulster

The Welsh is rulled by Westminster in conjunction with something called "The Welsh Assembly" They do have their own National Anthem, not that they ever use it, and their Branch of Anglicanism, is "The Church of Wales"

The Present Archbishop of Canterbury...he came from The Church of Wales

warriorlion
03-28-2009, 12:04 AM
not that they ever use it????

clearly you pay no attention to anything that is actually welsh, like the football team and the rugby team, they sing the welsh anthem. So think you will find it is used almost as much as God save the queen dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRRY8eDMSY

or this year if you prefer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVucMaJv8Q

Tyburn
03-28-2009, 12:09 AM
not that they ever use it????

clearly you pay no attention to anything that is actually welsh, like the football team and the rugby team, they sing the welsh anthem. So think you will find it is used almost as much as God save the queen dave
Why would I pay any attention to wales?

I mean ive been through it to get to Eire, and I went many years ago for a month to....I have no idea how you spell it...but phonetically it sounds like a-ber-rist-with on the coast

I dont follow Football, or rugby

Most people dont know that wales even HAS a National Anthem

TheConcretekid
03-28-2009, 02:59 AM
The Republic of Eire ISNT British.

I know this, I was saying that the Welsh dislike being called British even more than the Republic of Ireland does. I went to a restaurant in Betws y Coed and all the servers had "WELSH NOT BRITISH" on the back of their shirts. But Christian Bale is a bamf.

warriorlion
03-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Why would I pay any attention to wales?

I mean ive been through it to get to Eire, and I went many years ago for a month to....I have no idea how you spell it...but phonetically it sounds like a-ber-rist-with on the coast

I dont follow Football, or rugby

Most people dont know that wales even HAS a National Anthem

In which case mate, maybe you shouldnt make generalised statements that the welsh national anthem isnt really used by the welsh. Its used a ton. Thats a typically ignorant english thing to say.

remember that I am english. A lot of people dont realise that wales even have electricity due to that very ignorance.

On another note, since living here in wales, people dont mind so much being called british, the issue is more that most of the rest of the world hear british and think england. And the welsh hate being refered to as being english.

A Prime example is when Charlotee Church who is from Cardiff, met President Bush, he asked her where she was from, when she said wales, he asked what State wales was in.

TheConcretekid
03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Ok, enough with what is or is not British because in a week TUF: UK vs. US (TUFUKVSUS...Tufukvsus... Tufuk Vsus... Tufukus?) is going to start and you guys are going to be the only Brits on here, and you made need each others emotional support :wink:

Tyburn
03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
In which case mate, maybe you shouldnt make generalised statements that the welsh national anthem isnt really used by the welsh. Its used a ton. Thats a typically ignorant english thing to say.

remember that I am english. A lot of people dont realise that wales even have electricity due to that very ignorance.

On another note, since living here in wales, people dont mind so much being called british, the issue is more that most of the rest of the world hear british and think england. And the welsh hate being refered to as being english.

A Prime example is when Charlotee Church who is from Cardiff, met President Bush, he asked her where she was from, when she said wales, he asked what State wales was in.
I dont really give much thought to Wales, John, it has to be said. :mellow:

But Why should one think that Wales has a national Anthem? After all, its got an ENGLISH Royal Connection. The Prince of Wales...and you dont see a Title like that being given to someone for Scotland or Ulster...do you...so we have a Principle Royal for Wales...

Why is this interesting? because the other Principles are for Districts of England which used to act as Kingdoms...The crown is treating Wales as if it has NO independance...just like York, Wessex, Gloucester, Kent.

Does Kent have a national anthem of its own? Wales is being treated, as a district of the Crown, NOT as a country in Union under the crown. Excuse me for taking the Royalist view :ashamed:

Does Wales have a Parliament like Scotland?? NO it has an assembly...like the City of London has an Assembly.

Tyburn
03-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Ok, enough with what is or is not British because in a week TUF: UK vs. US (TUFUKVSUS...Tufukvsus... Tufuk Vsus... Tufukus?) is going to start and you guys are going to be the only Brits on here, and you made need each others emotional support :wink:
:ninja: I havent decided which I'm backing yet. :ninja:

warriorlion
03-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I dont really give much thought to Wales, John, it has to be said. :mellow:

But Why should one think that Wales has a national Anthem? After all, its got an ENGLISH Royal Connection. The Prince of Wales...and you dont see a Title like that being given to someone for Scotland or Ulster...do you...so we have a Principle Royal for Wales...

Why is this interesting? because the other Principles are for Districts of England which used to act as Kingdoms...The crown is treating Wales as if it has NO independance...just like York, Wessex, Gloucester, Kent.

Does Kent have a national anthem of its own? Wales is being treated, as a district of the Crown, NOT as a country in Union under the crown. Excuse me for taking the Royalist view :ashamed:

Does Wales have a Parliament like Scotland?? NO it has an assembly...like the City of London has an Assembly.

and your point is what exactly?????

bottom line is that is exactly why welsh people hate the english. :punch:

Tyburn
03-28-2009, 05:48 PM
and your point is what exactly?????

bottom line is that is exactly why welsh people hate the english. :punch:
My point is..as far as the crown is concerned...they dont seem to be treated as much more then a District of England....Different Districts of England dont usually have their own well used anthem do they :huh:

If they want more...they can always ask for their independance...or build a wall like the Scots did :laugh:

Of course they hate the English, because they are always overlooked :unsure-1:

Hey...maybe the welsh guy will win TUF...and put Wales on the map :)

warriorlion
03-28-2009, 10:22 PM
the english will not give wales independence, the assembley have previously sought to govern itself, and its flatly refused. ah well.

All the same heres to team UK kicking tail and taking names

Tyburn
03-29-2009, 09:10 AM
the english will not give wales independence, the assembley have previously sought to govern itself, and its flatly refused. ah well.

Really? did they actually ask :huh: :laugh: