PDA

View Full Version : Seceding from the Union?

NateR
11-15-2012, 06:54 PM
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/secession-petitioners-aint-whistling-dixie.html

The White House has received petitions from all 50 states – signed by nearly 750,000 citizens asking permission to secede from the United States. A White House spokesman did not return calls seeking comment.

The petitions were filed on the White House website’s “We the People” petition system. The Obama administration promises to respond to petitions that receive at least 25,000 signatures within 30 days. At least seven states – including Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and Tennessee have met that threshold.

Of course, if all 50 states secede, what happens then? :unsure-1:

If Texas really does secede, then I might have to consider moving back to Texas. :happydancing:

rearnakedchoke
11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
so how would that go exactly???? hold a referendum???

NateR
11-15-2012, 07:03 PM
so how would that go exactly???? hold a referendum???

There is no way the government would allow it, so a civil war would be the only option.

Back in 2003, my college Philosophy teacher told us that the last time Americans were this evenly divided over moral issues was in the years before the Civil War. And we are waaaay more divided in 2012 than we were in 2003.

rearnakedchoke
11-15-2012, 07:11 PM
There is no way the government would allow it, so a civil war would be the only option.

Back in 2003, my college Philosophy teacher told us that the last time Americans were this evenly divided over moral issues was in the years before the Civil War. And we are waaaay more divided in 2012 than we were in 2003.

that would be crazy .. i dont see it happening ... what military would say texas get??? besides the people ... this is too crazy to even comprehend ...

rearnakedchoke
11-15-2012, 07:12 PM
we had an issue where quebec wanted sovereignty ... they voted and the vote was to stay with canada .. lol ..

NateR
11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
I seriously doubt anything is going to come out of it. It's just emotions running high after the results of the election. I just thought it was interesting that even states that Obama won are requesting to secede. :laugh:

Neezar
11-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Crazy stuff. :laugh:

adamt
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
it'd be cool though if texas actually took a vote to secede,

other states could offer help, i mean if 750,000 people signed up nationally and we all helped texas it would make some ripples, not to mention how hard it would be to get some of the military to fire on their own citizens----i suggest the union wake up, it might not go over this cycle, but we the people with the guns might be getting outnumbered by liberals and gays and having their agenda shoved down our throats but they are the same ones that believe in pacifism, abortion, effeminate males, masculine women, atheism and gun control. Just because we are in the minority doesn't mean we have the weaker hand, the libs need to bear that in mind.

TENNESSEAN
11-16-2012, 12:19 AM
http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/state/TN

Tennessee would not have any problem getting the votes.
I'm for it!!

TENNESSEAN
11-16-2012, 01:55 AM
Has anyone went to the we the people site? They have petitions to deport anyone that signs a secede petition.:laugh:check it out.

NateR
11-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Has anyone went to the we the people site? They have petitions to deport anyone that signs a secede petition.:laugh:check it out.

Do you have a link.

The President doesn't even want to deport illegal aliens, there's no way he's going to deport natural-born citizens. :laugh:

TexasRN
11-16-2012, 11:43 AM
that would be crazy .. i dont see it happening ... what military would say texas get??? besides the people ... this is too crazy to even comprehend ...

Texas has it's own military/police force that no other state has, the Texas Rangers. And I guarantee that if Texas were to secede, most of the young men and women would voluntarily join up to fight and everyone knows that all Texans have at least one gun in every room. :laugh:

Texas is on its own power grid and has a decent economy. Andy has already promised that if Texas secedes, he will agree to move there with me. :happydancing:

~Amy

VCURamFan
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Texas has it's own military/police force that no other state has, the Texas Rangers. And I guarantee that if Texas were to secede, most of the young men and women would voluntarily join up to fight and everyone knows that all Texans have at least one gun in every room. :laugh:

Texas is on its own power grid and has a decent economy. Andy has already promised that if Texas secedes, he will agree to move there with me. :happydancing:

~Amy
Looks like you found yourself a keeper. Maybe you should put a ri- o, wait! :happydancing:

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
it'd be cool though if texas actually took a vote to secede,

other states could offer help, i mean if 750,000 people signed up nationally and we all helped texas it would make some ripples, not to mention how hard it would be to get some of the military to fire on their own citizens----i suggest the union wake up, it might not go over this cycle, but we the people with the guns might be getting outnumbered by liberals and gays and having their agenda shoved down our throats but they are the same ones that believe in pacifism, abortion, effeminate males, masculine women, atheism and gun control. Just because we are in the minority doesn't mean we have the weaker hand, the libs need to bear that in mind.

since you put it like that, now i know it will never happen ... lol ... :laugh:

County Mike
11-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Can I secede from NJ?

South Jersey has talked about splitting from North Jersey as long as I can remember. North Jersey is the big city "Jersey Shore" attitude while South Jersey is woods and farmland. Two very different people but north Jersey people outnumber us so the vote always goes their way.

VCURamFan
11-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Can I secede from NJ?

South Jersey has talked about splitting from North Jersey as long as I can remember. North Jersey is the big city "Jersey Shore" attitude while South Jersey is woods and farmland. Two very different people but north Jersey people outnumber us so the vote always goes their way.
That's how it is in VA now. The geographical majority of the state is very "red", but the suburban sprawl from DC has such a high-concentration of blue in NoVA that now we've become a "battleground state" instead of a solid lock for conservatives.

CAVEMAN1
11-16-2012, 05:00 PM
In the words of Charlie Daniels, "the south is gonna do it again"! And if they do, I'm there!

CAVEMAN1
11-16-2012, 05:02 PM
That's how it is in VA now. The geographical majority of the state is very "red", but the suburban sprawl from DC has such a high-concentration of blue in NoVA that now we've become a "battleground state" instead of a solid lock for conservatives.

Kind of like here in Illinois. The rest of us would love to see Cook County and Chicago fall into Lake Michigan!:)

TENNESSEAN
11-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Kind of like here in Illinois. The rest of us would love to see Cook County and Chicago fall into Lake Michigan!:)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
start a petition, theres one for everything else.

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2012, 05:37 PM
i saw this and thought of this thread ... i know even some of you can laugh at this silliness ... others will give me hell for it ...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Bf6UzKbHR7c/S6bBeEM3GxI/AAAAAAAADHM/s47HxHcYcWE/s400/4450873576_ccaca22d12_o.jpg

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2012, 05:38 PM
just a joke people ...

NateR
11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Just because we are in the minority doesn't mean we have the weaker hand, the libs need to bear that in mind.

That's just the thing, though. Conservatives are not in the minority. The Liberals simply have control of the media, so they can make everybody think that their agenda is the majority opinion in this country.

The current US population is estimated at around 313,847,465 people, Obama won the election with 62,611,250 votes. Which means that Obama was elected by less than 20% of the overall US population. So all this talk about the "majority" of Americans voting to reelect Obama is just false.

A majority of the people who voted might have voted for Obama, but not the majority of Americans.

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2012, 06:27 PM
That's just the thing, though. Conservatives are not in the minority. The Liberals simply have control of the media, so they can make everybody think that their agenda is the majority opinion in this country.

The current US population is estimated at around 313,847,465 people, Obama won the election with 62,611,250 votes. Which means that Obama was elected by less than 20% of the overall US population. So all this talk about the "majority" of Americans voting to reelect Obama is just false.

A majority of the people who voted might have voted for Obama, but not the majority of Americans.

if that is the case, no president in recent times has had majorty of population vote for them ... and it ain't gonna happen anytime soon ..

NateR
11-16-2012, 06:31 PM
if that is the case, no president in recent times has had majorty of population vote for them ... and it ain't gonna happen anytime soon ..

I understand that, since 40% voter turnout is about the best we can hope for. However, I'm just pointing out that it is wrong to claim that Obama was granted some kind of Liberal mandate by the American people based on only 19.95% of the population.

NateR
11-16-2012, 06:33 PM
i saw this and thought of this thread ... i know even some of you can laugh at this silliness ... others will give me hell for it ...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Bf6UzKbHR7c/S6bBeEM3GxI/AAAAAAAADHM/s47HxHcYcWE/s400/4450873576_ccaca22d12_o.jpg

It kind of reminds me of the "blue ketchup" that a lot of Democrats were requesting after the 2004 election (since the term "red state" is used to reference a Republican state, and the color blue is used to represent Democrats). It's too bad I can't find a snazzy graphic of it though. Probably because Republicans aren't as likely to be sore winners, I guess.

just a joke people ...

You do realize that you can edit your own posts, so you don't need to quote yourself if you want to make an additional comment?

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2012, 06:36 PM
You do realize that you can edit your own posts, so you don't need to quote yourself if you want to make an additional comment?

yeah .. but the buttons are so close ... and who doesn't want to see that twice!!!

NateR
11-16-2012, 06:41 PM
yeah .. but the buttons are so close ... and who doesn't want to see that twice!!!

See what twice? :Whistle:

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2012, 06:46 PM
nice!

flo
11-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Can I secede from NJ?

Same with Washington. We're only a blue state because of the loons in Seattle...

Tyburn
11-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Of course, if all 50 states secede, what happens then? :unsure-1:

:laugh: Then you have Fifty Soverign States not in a Union :laugh:

Tyburn
11-16-2012, 07:35 PM

Well...Thats perfectly Constitutional...thats what a Free Society does to end a Tyranical form of Government.

NateR
11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Same with Washington. We're only a blue state because of the loons in Seattle...

Same situation here in Illinois. Chicago keeps pulling us to the left, but about half the state is very conservative.

Check out how Illinois voted in the Presidential election:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Barada73/illinois2012election.jpg

Obama only won 57% of his home state (no, not Kenya).

Tyburn
11-16-2012, 07:37 PM

Deport people to where exactly :huh:

Tyburn
11-16-2012, 07:39 PM

~Amy

Now hang on a moment...IF Texas became independant, you wouldnt be able to just choose to go live there...you would have to go through immigration procedures ahahahahahaha :laugh:

Tyburn
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
In the words of Charlie Daniels, "the south is gonna do it again"! And if they do, I'm there!

The South will rise again...or so they say :ninja:

TENNESSEAN
11-16-2012, 09:04 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/erwins_photos/2012-usa-election-map-by-county-nyt.png

http://www.glittersnipe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2012-election-map.jpeg

adamt
11-16-2012, 10:21 PM
i need a like button on here for most of your posts nate....

speaking of chicago, they have as many people as my entire state of iowa

TexasRN
11-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Now hang on a moment...IF Texas became independant, you wouldnt be able to just choose to go live there...you would have to go through immigration procedures ahahahahahaha :laugh:

I was a Texas citizen previously and will have professional skills they will need. They'll let me in. :wink:

Trust me, I've thought this out carefully because it may be the only way I'll ever get Andy to agree to move to Texas. :laugh:

~Amy

flo
11-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Interesting maps, Tennessean, thanks.

rearnakedchoke
11-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Same situation here in Illinois. Chicago keeps pulling us to the left, but about half the state is very conservative.

Check out how Illinois voted in the Presidential election:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Barada73/illinois2012election.jpg

Obama only won 57% of his home state (no, not Kenya).

and romney took 37% in mass ...

NateR
11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
and romney took 37% in mass ...

You're missing my point. No one is claiming that Massachusetts is a conservative state. Illinois frequently gets mis-categorized as a liberal state primarily because of Chicago.

Overall the point most of us are trying to make by posting these maps is that Obama was not elected by the majority of the American people. Not even remotely close.

adamt
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
well, gun loving bible thumpers would still whip up on liberal hippies

rearnakedchoke
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
well, gun loving bible thumpers would still whip up on liberal hippies

i guess we'll never find out though really ... the conservatives couldnt get together to win an election ... doubt they'll be able to lead a revolution ...

adamt
11-18-2012, 09:06 PM
i guess we'll never find out though really ... the conservatives couldnt get together to win an election ... doubt they'll be able to lead a revolution ...

never said anything about conservatives did i?

pretty sure we already led one revolution, and won, that's why we are americans, not british americans and we don't speak with a french accent

anyways, God does what He wants, He doesn't need alot of people to do His will to get it done....

NateR
11-18-2012, 10:18 PM
I always find it humorous when Canadians try to figure out American politics while sitting on the sidelines. :laugh:

RNC, it seems pretty clear that your impression of American politics is formed by the media, which means that you are only getting a tiny fraction of the bigger picture. You need to move to the United States and live here for several years, before you can really pretend to understand the whole conservative/liberal, right-wing/left-wing, Republican/Democrat dynamic. In fact, I've known people who have lived here all their lives and still don't fully understand it (usually because they've never travelled outside of their county lines).

However, RNC, I still don't understand your fixation with Barack Obama. Considering your level of devotion to this man you've never met and who has almost no impact whatsoever on your life, I can only imagine that this is what some would describe as a "boy crush." :laugh:

Finally, let's not forget that many conservative Christians where conflicted about voting for a Mormon and thus decided to sit out this election. I know for a fact that I was conflicted about voting for someone who followed a cult like Mormonism, however, I felt that it was too important of an election to simply not vote.

rearnakedchoke
11-18-2012, 10:58 PM
never said anything about conservatives did i?

pretty sure we already led one revolution, and won, that's why we are americans, not british americans and we don't speak with a french accent

anyways, God does what He wants, He doesn't need alot of people to do His will to get it done....

when you said bible thumpin gun lovers i figured you were talkin about conservatives ... my bad ...

rearnakedchoke
11-18-2012, 11:09 PM
You're missing my point. No one is claiming that Massachusetts is a conservative state. Illinois frequently gets mis-categorized as a liberal state primarily because of Chicago.

Overall the point most of us are trying to make by posting these maps is that Obama was not elected by the majority of the American people. Not even remotely close.

i totally understand that ... but that is obvious .. no president in recent times has had the majority of american votes ... all you have to do is get the majority of votes ...

NateR
11-18-2012, 11:45 PM
i totally understand that ... but that is obvious .. no president in recent times has had the majority of american votes ... all you have to do is get the majority of votes ...

You know that and I know that, however, somebody needs to tell Obama, since he claimed the results of the 2012 election as proof that the majority of Americans supported his ideas.

adamt
11-19-2012, 02:45 AM
when you said bible thumpin gun lovers i figured you were talkin about conservatives ... my bad ...

understandable i suppose, but i am not so sure that conservatives nowadays are really conservatives at all, though i would say more people would claim to be conservative than not

maybe we could mandate a vote from everybody eligible----that would be true democracy

although this isn't a democracy, it's a republic

or we could go back to how the founding fathers did it and only let established competent citizens vote, which of course in their era could only be regulated by land possession, and no i am not advocating anything, especially not banning women from voting, i am just posing hypotheticals, but interestingly enough, it was a given that husbands and wives would vote the same way so why cast two votes one way and just let them both have one voice, like the bible says, two shall be one

or lastly we could mandate that every competent citizen vote

right now any welfare bunny or baby can vote, any idiot can vote, you don't have to have id, you don't have to speak english, you don't have to have a job, credibility, pay taxes, own land, own a car, have a family, have an education, or know anything about politics-----yet they get to decide the fate of the country

this guy can vote, how do you suppose he voted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDrwskLYCrY

NateR
11-19-2012, 02:59 AM

I wish I could watch the first part of that video to see what the case was about in the first place. I don't understand why it was dismissed. But I guess if the lady was depending on that guy to share the financial responsibilities then she deserves whatever she gets.

Judge Judy had it right, though. All that taxpayer money right into the sewer.

adamt
11-19-2012, 03:45 AM
I wish I could watch the first part of that video to see what the case was about in the first place. I don't understand why it was dismissed. But I guess if the lady was depending on that guy to share the financial responsibilities then she deserves whatever she gets.

Judge Judy had it right, though. All that taxpayer money right into the sewer.

yeah makes me wish i had time to watch judge judy, i tend to like her now

i have two thoughts, first, i really think there are alot of people like him, and i mean alot

second, it is ironic, cause most of the judge shows come on in the middle of the morning and the hardworking people who are out at work are not the ones getting to watch the judge shows, so, and i may be wrong, it's people like him who are watching judge judy in the first place, not people like me who have much better stuff to do :)

flo
11-22-2012, 09:22 PM

Part of the 47%, gnome sayin?

Pastor Chris F
11-24-2012, 02:37 PM

That is not true. Regan had a majority in 84. And 84 is recent history

Pastor Chris F
11-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Also speaking as a Historian NateR philosophy prof was right we are more divided then ever. Modern times are a carbon copy of the years leading up to the War for Southern Independence. (Civil War for you Yankees) The difference is today the Media and education system is much more controlled by one side so it will be much more implausible for any real movement till more people either get their kids out of the brainwash centers and stop buying every lie spouted om CNN, MSNBC, HNN, and yes even Fox. If any area can pull it off it will be Texas, OK, MO, and parts of Ark. The other areas have to many metropolises to deal with.

Neezar
11-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi, Chris.

:)

Pastor Chris F
11-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi, Chris.

:)

Howdy, I have stopped in now and again just little time anymore but miss you all :)

adamt
11-24-2012, 11:09 PM
if at first you don't secede, try try again

flo
11-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Howdy, I have stopped in now and again just little time anymore but miss you all :)

Good to see you, Chris! Hope all is going well after your move...