PDA

View Full Version : POTUS

rearnakedchoke
11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
So it all comes down to tonite. Should be a good, close race. I am taking Barry in a close win, but i wont be surprised if Romney pulls it out. IMO Mitt is a good candidate, but its just tough to make everyone happy to garner enough votes for a GOP win today.

VCURamFan
11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://dancingczars.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/3482_10152285802430019_1637822393_n.jpg?w=300&h=300&sa=X&ei=vx6ZUMymH8OY0QHMkICABg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNG3hPEf_hlx2QDvA7Lq2gttP0Yk6w

(obviously not the real Tebow)

rearnakedchoke
11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
ha .. funny!!!!!!

flo
11-06-2012, 05:21 PM
So it all comes down to tonite. Should be a good, close race. I am taking Barry in a close win, but i wont be surprised if Romney pulls it out. IMO Mitt is a good candidate, but its just tough to make everyone happy to garner enough votes for a GOP win today.

Wow, that's quite a change from your prediction that this race was "all over" a couple months ago, rnc. :wink:

:tongue0011:

rearnakedchoke
11-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow, that's quite a change from your prediction that this race was "all over" a couple months ago, rnc. :wink:

:tongue0011:

yes it is ... i am sure i am not the only one .... i am still pulling for obama, and think he will win .. i also think he is the better candidate ... i just wont be surprised if mitt wins

Tyburn
11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Soooo do we have a fourty Fifth yet....or another re-run of Fourty-Four :huh:

NateR
11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
What would be the real kick in the teeth is if Romney wins the popular vote, but Obama wins the electoral votes.

I'm kind of 50/50 on my expectations here; but I don't think our nation can survive another 4 years of Obama, so I'm really hoping that Romney pulls out the win. And I hope it's a decisive win and doesn't need to go to the Supreme Court again.

rearnakedchoke
11-06-2012, 07:29 PM
What would be the real kick in the teeth is if Romney wins the popular vote, but Obama wins the electoral votes.

I'm kind of 50/50 on my expectations here; but I don't think our nation can survive another 4 years of Obama, so I'm really hoping that Romney pulls out the win. And I hope it's a decisive win and doesn't need to go to the Supreme Court again.

why would that be a kick in the teeth??? cuz that is what some r predicting ,,,

NateR
11-06-2012, 10:19 PM
why would that be a kick in the teeth??? cuz that is what some r predicting ,,,

Because it means that the people want Romney, but the system put in place to elect the President actually goes against the will of the people. Thereby completely compromising the purpose of government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Tyburn
11-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Because it means that the people want Romney, but the system put in place to elect the President actually goes against the will of the people. Thereby completely compromising the purpose of government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Your Electoral College system is not democratic IMHO...proportional representation might be fine for local government...but when your ellecting just one person...surely you should just have each individual person vote and count the votes...I dont understand who, or why your system was invented...but I dont really think its fair for one person to win like ten states...and another to win just one state and somehow they have the same number of votes :blink:

NateR
11-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Your Electoral College system is not democratic IMHO...proportional representation might be fine for local government...but when your ellecting just one person...surely you should just have each individual person vote and count the votes...I dont understand who, or why your system was invented...but I dont really think its fair for one person to win like ten states...and another to win just one state and somehow they have the same number of votes :blink:

I agree. The Electoral College is a case of our founders second-guessing themselves. It basically says that the President will be chosen by the American people..... but not really.

I think the basic assumption back then was that the average voter (keeping in mind that only white, male, land-owners were originally allowed to vote) was too uneducated to choose a properly qualified leader for our nation. Unfortunately, the fact that Barack Obama was even elected in the first place proves that they were probably right.

TENNESSEAN
11-07-2012, 03:44 AM
I agree. The Electoral College is a case of our founders second-guessing themselves. It basically says that the President will be chosen by the American people..... but not really.

I think the basic assumption back then was that the average voter (keeping in mind that only white, male, land-owners were originally allowed to vote) was too uneducated to choose a properly qualified leader for our nation. Unfortunately, the fact that Barack Obama was even elected in the first place proves that they were probably right.

:laugh::sad:

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 04:19 AM

in that case, gwb woulda never been president ... cant have it both ways

NateR
11-07-2012, 04:29 AM
in that case, gwb woulda never been president ... cant have it both ways

That wasn't decided by the Electoral College, it was decided by the Supreme Court. The problem there was a faulty voting system in Florida.

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 04:32 AM
That wasn't decided by the Electoral College, it was decided by the Supreme Court. The problem there was a faulty voting system in Florida.

didnt gwb win ec and lose pv?

NateR
11-07-2012, 04:38 AM
didnt gwb win ec and lose pv?

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with how the election was decided. It was so close and those votes in Florida were recounted and recounted until eventually the courts had to step in to decide.

Most news channels are calling the election for Obama right now, but it's still early. Remember "Dewey Defeats Truman?" It's not over until every vote is counted.

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with how the election was decided. It was so close and those votes in Florida were recounted and recounted until eventually the courts had to step in to decide.

Most news channels are calling the election for Obama right now, but it's still early. Remember "Dewey Defeats Truman?" It's not over until every vote is counted.

i agree ... all the votes need to be counted ... but i think the chances are slim to none ... and i think obama takes the pop vote too .. so it wont matter

NateR
11-07-2012, 04:46 AM
i agree ... all the votes need to be counted ... but i think the chances are slim to none ... and i think obama takes the pop vote too .. so it wont matter

Either way, if Obama wins again, he will be a lame duck. The Republicans still control the House, so there's little chance that he will be able to do much in his second term.

I think the Republicans need to really start pushing the Benghazi issue and get Obama impeached ASAP.

Also, Obama's entire re-election message was essentially, "This job is REALLY hard, I need more time." That's not a strong agenda to get anything done in his second term. So, he'll likely have about as much influence as a neutered puppy.

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Either way, if Obama wins again, he will be a lame duck. The Republicans still control the House, so there's little chance that he will be able to do much in his second term.

I think the Republicans need to really start pushing the Benghazi issue and get Obama impeached ASAP.

Also, Obama's entire re-election message was essentially, "This job is REALLY hard, I need more time." That's not a strong agenda to get anything done in his second term. So, he'll likely have about as much influence as a neutered puppy.

maybe ... time will tell ... no doubt the country is divided ... he isnt getting impeached ... i said it before, i'll say it again ... bobby jindal needs to save the republican party!

NateR
11-07-2012, 05:00 AM
maybe ... time will tell ... no doubt the country is divided ... he isnt getting impeached ... i said it before, i'll say it again ... bobby jindal needs to save the republican party!

If the Republican Party can't defeat a candidate as left-wing as Barack Obama, then there is definitely something wrong.

I think Romney played it too safe in the campaign and spent too much time pandering to moderates. If he had stuck to conservative values, then things might have been different.

Unfortunately, it looks like America has elected a "rock star" who's totally incompetent when it comes to doing his job, but that's okay because he looks good on camera. As a result, we will be a much weaker and poorer nation in 2016 than we were in 2008, and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 06:19 AM

well to be fair on them...it does follow a Roman System...they believed that not everyone was capable of understanding politics and so only allowed certain people vote.

In a First World Country I do find it an extraordinary system that really needs a good reform :laugh: particularly after last nights results...can we have a re-count :sad:

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 02:47 PM
i think the real story is the dissaray of the GOP .. i honestly think it needs to be revisited, reestablished .. whatever you want to call it ... a large % of the population don't care about social issues like abortion, gay marriage ... they care more about economy, etc ... imo the party needs to move more moderate and not pander to the far right ... that wont win elections ... and last nite proved that there is lots to be done ...

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 02:50 PM
well to be fair on them...it does follow a Roman System...they believed that not everyone was capable of understanding politics and so only allowed certain people vote.

In a First World Country I do find it an extraordinary system that really needs a good reform :laugh: particularly after last nights results...can we have a re-count :sad:

no recount needed .. mitt is done ... even i was off on my latest map ... if you told me a week ago obama would take fla, ohio, va and colorado, i woulda said you were nuts ... the voting system was at its finest last nite!

NateR
11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
i think the real story is the dissaray of the GOP .. i honestly think it needs to be revisited, reestablished .. whatever you want to call it ... a large % of the population don't care about social issues like abortion, gay marriage ... they care more about economy, etc ... imo the party needs to move more moderate and not pander to the far right ... that wont win elections ... and last nite proved that there is lots to be done ...

Well, Romney only lost the election by 2.6 million votes in the popular vote; but they're still counting the votes in Florida so those aren't the final results. So that a pretty close margin and Republicans actually gained ground with most groups of voters, so I don't think it means that the Republican party needs to completely reinvent itself.

I believe this loss can simply be chalked up to Romney failing to define himself properly and allowing Obama to falsely define him early on in the election. Plus, I think Romney played it safe in the last few weeks of the election and that hurt him badly.

Obama went negative right of the bat, so playing dirty and demonizing his opponent won him the election.

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 05:53 PM

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

NateR
11-07-2012, 05:56 PM
More fun facts about the election:

Obama won the election in 2008 with 365 electoral votes and he stepped into office with a Democratically controlled Senate and House of Representatives.

Last night Obama won the election with only 303 electoral votes. That's the first time in history that an incumbent President has won reelection by a smaller margin than he won election. Plus, Democrats failed to wrest control of the House of Representatives from Republicans.

So, it looks like Obama lost a lot of ground and is starting his lame duck term in a much weaker position than he was in 2008.

Also, Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize recreational marijuana use. Of course it's still illegal at the federal level, so it will be interesting to see if this is going to be challenged by the Obama Administration.

If Obama does decide to uphold the federal law (which is his job), then I foresee him losing much of his popularity among the youth.

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Romney should of attacked BO on the Bengahzi issue in that last debate. In fact, republicans.......if they're smart, should demand a full investigation. Although I think Romney was the lesser of 2 evils, I was hoping he would pull it out. Only because any thing is better than this marxist! I'm like Nate, I don't know if our country can take another 4 years of his policies.

With that being said, the results of the popular vote reflects that this country is truly divided. Both parties and the media did a great job of painting the right/left paradigm. Something our forefathers warned us about.

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm eager to see how Gary Johnson did?

NateR
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
this marxist!

He's an Obammunist. :laugh: I can't take credit for that, I heard it from one of the commentators on Fox News and thought it was pretty funny.

Of course, it would be even funnier if it wasn't true. :cry:

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
More fun facts about the election:

Obama won the election in 2008 with 365 electoral votes and he stepped into office with a Democratically controlled Senate and House of Representatives.

Last night Obama won the election with only 303 electoral votes. That's the first time in history that an incumbent President has won reelection by a smaller margin than he won election. Plus, Democrats failed to wrest control of the House of Representatives from Republicans.

So, it looks like Obama lost a lot of ground and is starting his lame duck term in a much weaker position than he was in 2008.

Also, Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize recreational marijuana use. Of course it's still illegal at the federal level, so it will be interesting to see if this is going to be challenged by the Obama Administration.

If Obama does decide to uphold the federal law (which is his job), then I foresee him losing much of his popularity among the youth.

i like how you r taking the positives ... i just think it looks bleak for the gop ... and yes, it is the first time, but it coulda been worse and he coulda lost ... i think the american people spoke loud and clear, especially in fla, ohio and va ... mitt did mess up in alienating 47% of the population ... he shoulda done more with the womens vote .. considering he had a binder full of women ....

NateR
11-07-2012, 06:23 PM
i like how you r taking the positives ... i just think it looks bleak for the gop ... and yes, it is the first time, but it coulda been worse and he coulda lost ... i think the american people spoke loud and clear, especially in fla, ohio and va ... mitt did mess up in alienating 47% of the population ... he shoulda done more with the womens vote .. considering he had a binder full of women ....

I believe Mitt Romney actually gained ground among female voters compared to John McCain in 2008. Where he lost ground was in the Latino vote and I think that cost him the election.

However, Republicans have a strong track record of appealing to Latino voters, so I think that failure could be place solely on the shoulders of Romney's campaign, not the Republican party in general.

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I've said this for the last few elections, the electoral college should be abolished. It is not right for 3 or 4 states to decide what is good for the rest of the country.

It's like Chicago and Cook County dictating laws and regulations for the rest of Illinois.

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
He's an Obammunist. :laugh: I can't take credit for that, I heard it from one of the commentators on Fox News and thought it was pretty funny.

Of course, it would be even funnier if it wasn't true. :cry:

:laugh::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
I've said this for the last few elections, the electoral college should be abolished. It is not right for 3 or 4 states to decide what is good for the rest of the country.

It's like Chicago and Cook County dictating laws and regulations for the rest of Illinois.

i dont agree with the ec either ... if florida has 29 ec votes and the nominee gets 60% of the votes, he should get 60% of that 29 ... not 100% ...

NateR
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
In related news, the Hurricane Sandy death toll is now at 110 and over a million people are still without power.

However, Chris Matthews from MSNBC said that he was "so glad" for Hurricane Sandy because it helped get Obama reelected.

So, I guess Democrats don't care about how many people need to die as long as they get their agenda pushed forward. That's good to know.

rearnakedchoke
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
In related news, the Hurricane Sandy death toll is now at 110 and over a million people are still without power.

However, Chris Matthews from MSNBC said that he was "so glad" for Hurricane Sandy because it helped get Obama reelected.

So, I guess Democrats don't care about how many people need to die as long as they get their agenda pushed forward. That's good to know.

i guess that is exactly what it means ... you forgot to add that dems really wish that the storm was in a red state so that the casualties were more likely to be republican voters .. that way obama would have had a bigger margin of victory in the popular vote

NateR
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
i guess that is exactly what it means ... you forgot to add that dems really wish that the storm was in a red state so that the casualties were more likely to be republican voters .. that way obama would have had a bigger margin of victory in the popular vote

I'm sure they would have loved that.

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 06:53 PM
i imo the party needs to move more moderate and not pander to the far right ... that wont win elections ... and last nite proved that there is lots to be done ...

The problem is that America wasnt conceived as a "Moderate" political system. The Democrats shift to the left, DOESNT mean that the Republicans should shift to the left also...Actually, the whole Federal Government is in need of a complete overhaul.

IMO What the Republicans need to do is start going constitutionalist. They need to appeal to the State Governments, and tell them that Ellecting them will REDUCE BIG Government. They want to tell the People that the Office of the US President is not what they believe it to be.

They want to be brave enough to start giving power back, a De-centralization of the Federal Government, to give back Soverignty to States, to Empower States.

The want to talk about how disconnected the ave citizen is with the Government...they want to be Brave enough to do this, to explain to the public that they would rather risk the Union, then force all citizens into bondage out of the fear that handing back Soverignties would cause the ability for a Civil War to be a prospect...Because Revolution of a bad Government is appreciated, its a good thing, its a required thing according to Constitutional Values.

They need to tell people that this isnt about a single man becoming all powerful, it isnt about a party lauding it over another, it isnt even about America. Its about the choice between whether Americans wish to remain American, Wish to hold to their Consitution, Wish to keep the Constituion, EVEN when its a dangerous road to follow, even when it allows for individual states to dissagree. Or whether the US wants to become just like any other Western Civilization.

Finally, they should promise a reform of the General Ellection system. They should make it one vote per person across the entire US. Simply count the votes state by state...if they are unhappy, they can still put the entire State down as Red or Blue, but no state is to have more value then others...all men are created equal...thus all States are aswell...unless you happen to be California of course...then your worth Alaska, Hawaii, DC, Delaware, Vermont, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Idaho, Utah and New Mexico...check me...im right at present...that, people is abhorant :laugh:

The laugh is, that anyone who said the above would appear so radical, probably not even the Republicans would touch them. :laugh:

But what must be made apparent is that noone is united in bondage or fear. That is duty bound, and Duty is not to be mistaken for, nor substituted for Love. The States shouldnt be forced to be quelled under an overarching Single Government. They should naturally come together for summits as a group of independants committed to the Union because they want to be part of it, because they recognise they are better together then alone...if you love someone truely, you have to be willing to let them go free and hope they return to you...knowing, that some..may not.

The Federal Government dare not for Two reasons...first, they are a source of power and wealth, they do not wish to give up that. Secondly, they know full well that allowing the States Soverignty opens the door for a Second American Civil War...something that couldnt happen now because the people are blind to their country and simply divided between Right and Centrist no matter which State they come from.

What you need is an Independant President, preferably a sincere constitutionalist....without that you will ping pong between Republican and Democrat until, undeniably, as RNC suggests, in order to take power, as the democrats eclipse the centrist position, the Republicans will follow...within the next century you will be as bland as Europe.

its sad...coz I just dont see anyone with the guts or the money to fix this problem, be they Democrat or Republican

NateR
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Huh, stock market crash immediately after Obama gets reelected. The biggest post-election Wall Street decline in American history. I'm sure these next four years are going to be GREAT. :sad:

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
The biggest post-election decline in American history. :sad:

that also :sad:

Bonnie
11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Well, Romney only lost the election by 2.6 million votes in the popular vote; but they're still counting the votes in Florida so those aren't the final results. So that a pretty close margin and I don't think it means that the Republican party needs to completely reinvent itself.

I believe this loss can simply be chalked up to Romney failing to define himself properly and allowing Obama to falsely define him early on in the election. Plus, I think Romney played it safe in the last few weeks of the election and that hurt him badly.

Obama went negative right of the bat, so playing dirty and demonizing his opponent won him the election.

I agree, Romney shouldn't have let Obama define him for so long, and he should have attacked Obama's failures sooner and harder. But, to be fair to Romney, the playing field was so unfair with the main stream media in the tank for Obama, refusing to report important news such as Fast & Furious and Benghazi, and anything else that would impact negatively on the President, yet, never failing to slam Romney negatively. And then you see on the news Obama's picture on a wall in a school where there is voting going on...incredible! Obama gets free pass after free pass and laws mean nothing.

Herman Cain has it right, I think, when he said this morning, that Obama was re-elected because of his popularity. People put more stock in who they think is "cool" than in who is actually the better person for the job.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding out much hope that anything will change much, or enough, to move us forward.

I'm depressed! :cry:

Bonnie
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Romney should of attacked BO on the Bengahzi issue in that last debate. In fact, republicans.......if they're smart, should demand a full investigation. Although I think Romney was the lesser of 2 evils, I was hoping he would pull it out. Only because any thing is better than this marxist! I'm like Nate, I don't know if our country can take another 4 years of his policies.

With that being said, the results of the popular vote reflects that this country is truly divided. Both parties and the media did a great job of painting the right/left paradigm. Something our forefathers warned us about.

A lot of people said that, that he should have attacked Obama on Benghazi in the last debate, but I think he really missed the opportunity in the 2nd debate when he brought it up and Obama stood there and said how "offended" he was...that's when Mitt should have jumped right back at him and said, "You're offended?!..." And don't forget when he did try to point out that the President hadn't even called it a terrorist attack, the moderator, Candy Crowley jumped in to intervene on behalf of the President totally screwing Mitt. The press had already managed to fry him when he came out right after it happened, so I think Benghazi was a "no win-dead end" situation for Romney. The President was being "protected" at all costs by the media and none of that was ever going to touch him. And now that he's been re-elected, don't look for Benghazi to go anywhere, the press and Dems won't allow it to.

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm depressed! :cry:

:unsure-1: Cheer up Bonnie...at least, thanks to your laws, we now know a future awaits of a time when Barack Obama CAN NOT run for ellection. :blink:

Bonnie
11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Huh, stock market crash immediately after Obama gets reelected. The biggest post-election Wall Street decline in American history. I'm sure these next four years are going to be GREAT. :sad:

And, he's the first President to be re-elected with the highest unemployment rate since FDR in 1936.

I just don't understand the 50% that voted for his re-election.

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 08:01 PM

And that is only the beginning. I fear we are going to be another Greece.

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
And, he's the first President to be re-elected with the highest unemployment rate since FDR in 1936.

I just don't understand the 50% that voted for his re-election.

George Soros and many like him did their job well.

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 08:04 PM

Heaven Help Us if Angela Merkel ever gains THAT much reach :scared0015:

Do you know what the Greeks are actually saying and doing in their Protests :huh:

They claim they are now occupied by Germany, and are running around in Nazi Uniforms...I am NOT Kidding :unsure:

Bonnie
11-07-2012, 08:05 PM
:unsure-1: Cheer up Bonnie...at least, thanks to your laws, we now know a future awaits of a time when Barack Obama CAN NOT run for ellection. :blink:

That doesn't really help, Dave; it just reminds me that we've got four more years of him! :yell:

I need chocolate, no wait, that reminds me of him too! Oh God, now he's ruined chocolate for me! :bawling:

CAVEMAN1
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
That doesn't really help, Dave; it just reminds me that we've got four more years of him! :yell:

I need chocolate, no wait, that reminds me of him too! Oh God, now he's ruined chocolate for me! :bawling:

And who knows, if he gets his way, he may extend President term limits.

NateR
11-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Fortunately, they would have amend the Constitution in order to do that. However, Barack Obama clearly hates the Constitution, so I wouldn't put it past him to try.

flo
11-07-2012, 08:38 PM

That did it, plus exit polls showed the main concern for a majority of voters was the economy and they said Romney was the better choice to fix the economy - but they voted Obama because they "liked" him.

You know Nate, I used to think you were over-the-top saying liberalism is a disease but this last year or so I believe you are exactly right about that.

Only we're 30 x the population so can you imagine how bad it's going to get when all these folks on the govt dole, all these folks on inflated taxpayer-funded pensions, don't get their $$$?

you know what they say .. once you go barack .. you don't go back!!!!

You know, rnc, I didn't believe our country would relect this empty suit socialist who is so out of his depth, it's breathtaking. But you go ahead and gloat. His decisions are fundamentally changing my country forever - not yours. His "executive orders" and his "vision" for this country affect me and my husband, not you. But yeah, feel free to laugh.

NateR
11-07-2012, 08:42 PM
You know, rnc, I didn't believe our country would relect this empty suit socialist who is so out of his depth, it's breathtaking. But you go ahead and gloat. His decisions are fundamentally changing my country forever - not yours. His "executive orders" and his "vision" for this country affect me and my husband, not you. But yeah, feel free to laugh.

Canadians have always been arrogant assholes with superiority complexes. RNC is just reinforcing that stereotype.

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM

:laugh: Sorry :ashamed:

You know...in England you can get done for insighting Violence...Guess i'd better not say :ninja: anything else :ninja:

:laugh:

Tell me about Joe Biden :mellow:

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Canadians have always been arrogant assholes with superiority complexes. RNC is just reinforcing that stereotype.

that sterotype is prevelently ascribed to many races...Stereotypes are false...RNC may be as you suggest...but not all Canadians will be...I know a few, and they certainly are not.

:)

Bonnie
11-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Fortunately, they would have amend the Constitution in order to do that. However, Barack Obama clearly hates the Constitution, so I wouldn't put it past him to try.

I wouldn't put it past him either, Nate. Why would he let a little thing like our Constitution get in his way.

Bonnie
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
:laugh: Sorry :ashamed:

You know...in England you can get done for insighting Violence...Guess i'd better not say :ninja: anything else :ninja:

Tell me about Joe Biden :mellow:

Yeah, you never know who might be watching. :rpg013: :laugh:

Good ol' Joe...well, I guess he's good for a laugh or two. :wink:

Tyburn
11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah, you never know who might be watching. :rpg013: :laugh:

Good ol' Joe...well, I guess he's good for a laugh or two. :wink:

I have to admit, I find him terribly ammusing...I got to the stage where, being subscribed to the Whitehouse channel on youtube...I used to skip the President and listen to Joe instead...I cant even cope with Michelle anymore...I sware she's as full of hot air as her husband...honnest to GOD if I hear her telling me to vote early just once more :laugh::laugh::laugh:

NateR
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM
that sterotype is prevelently ascribed to many races...Stereotypes are false...RNC may be as you suggest...but not all Canadians will be...I know a few, and they certainly are not.

:)

There's is usually a nugget of truth beneath every stereotype. RNC proves that the stereotype of Canadians being arrogant jerks has a bit of truth to it.

Bonnie
11-08-2012, 02:02 AM
I have to admit, I find him terribly ammusing...I got to the stage where, being subscribed to the Whitehouse channel on youtube...I used to skip the President and listen to Joe instead...I cant even cope with Michelle anymore...I sware she's as full of hot air as her husband...honnest to GOD if I hear her telling me to vote early just once more :laugh::laugh::laugh:

After that first presidential debate, when she went up on stage, she did not look happy. I thought, "Uh oh, someone is catching hell when they get home!" :laugh:

flo
11-08-2012, 02:11 AM

I love ya, Bon! You always have a great thumb on the pulse of US politics and I think your analyses are spot on. But I needed that laugh about your "chocolate" comment to lift me out of the doldrums.

Tyburn
11-08-2012, 06:11 AM
There's is usually a nugget of truth beneath every stereotype. RNC proves that the stereotype of Canadians being arrogant jerks has a bit of truth to it.

:rolleyes: you know what...if you want to start name calling rather then rising above his level, you go right ahead. Personally, I remember a time when that kind of behaviour on this forum was classed as deeply inappropriate :ninja:

tarnishing an entire race because you dissagree with one them, however much they shyte-stir, doesnt at all affirm any type of stereotype on Americans whatsoever. :wink:

I tried to be subtle first time, I get that your pissed off and sad, but there is no need to let your own standards slip :mellow:

NateR
11-08-2012, 08:08 AM
:rolleyes: you know what...if you want to start name calling rather then rising above his level, you go right ahead. Personally, I remember a time when that kind of behaviour on this forum was classed as deeply inappropriate :ninja:

tarnishing an entire race because you dissagree with one them, however much they shyte-stir, doesnt at all affirm any type of stereotype on Americans whatsoever. :wink:

I tried to be subtle first time, I get that your pissed off and sad, but there is no need to let your own standards slip :mellow:

Just tired of RNC's trolling. The only reason he is so "enthusiastically supportive" of Obama is because he knows that most of us on here aren't and his only goal is to make people angry. That's essentially the dictionary definition of internet trolling.

rearnakedchoke
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Just tired of RNC's trolling. The only reason he is so "enthusiastically supportive" of Obama is because he knows that most of us on here aren't and his only goal is to make people angry. That's essentially the dictionary definition of internet trolling.

sure .. most people dont like obama on here .. but there are a few .. they just got sick of the politics section when they would start a thread on gwb it would get deleted .. but the obama threads were free to fly .. they just stopped posting ... lol .. i can stop posting too, and you can have a big gop love fest ... but i probably wont ... i'll rebutt posts, threads as always ... unless i break forum rules and get banned ... or just banned cuz i dont have the same views as everyone else

rearnakedchoke
11-08-2012, 02:36 PM

its not gloating .. bonnie was making a joke (i think) about obama reminding her of chocolate ..... i was just adding to the joke ... i think you are in great hands for the next 4 years .. i believe your country's economy will grow ... sad part is, most republicans wont admit it, will say it took too long ... it was refreshing to see a republican like chris christie giving obama credit where it was due ... wish more politicians were like that

Tyburn
11-08-2012, 06:24 PM

I know, and as admin your free to exercise your rights to silence him if you wish :wink: ...but regardless of how much of a troll he might be...you can not sink to his level. You play right into his hands with retaliation. Dont allow yourself to be played like a fiddle.

Follow Flo and her response...absolutely fantastic...yes she said, you may laugh, but its not really your problem...made him look like a complete twat for laughing at it...no more was needed to be said...without being at all rude, she'd pretty much made any jovial response an impossibility.

rearnakedchoke
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I know, and as admin your free to exercise your rights to silence him if you wish :wink: ...but regardless of how much of a troll he might be...you can not sink to his level. You play right into his hands with retaliation. Dont allow yourself to be played like a fiddle.

Follow Flo and her response...absolutely fantastic...yes she said, you may laugh, but its not really your problem...made him look like a complete twat for laughing at it...no more was needed to be said...without being at all rude, she'd pretty much made any jovial response an impossibility.

like i said earlier ... if i get banned, so be it ... flo did do a great job in her response ... but she also said in another thread that she hoped i would be around here when romney wins so she could say i told you so ... just imagine this place if he had won .. do you think i would be calling people names and sulking like some???

Tyburn
11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
do you think i would be calling people names and sulking like some???

You'd find someway of sticking your oar in. :rolleyes: :laugh: Stop deliberately upsetting the Americans...its mean :angry:

You dont kick a man when he's down.... :mellow:

Will you start a thread on Canadian Politics...or shall I :laugh:

rev
11-08-2012, 08:16 PM
I fear that our country is headed toward a violent end. What are all of these people who are dependent on the government going to do when our country goes completely broke? That used to sound far fetched, but not so much any more. We are in a bad situation with this president.

Tyburn
11-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I fear that our country is headed toward a violent end. What are all of these people who are dependent on the government going to do when our country goes completely broke? That used to sound far fetched, but not so much any more. We are in a bad situation with this president.

Funny you should say that...coz some analysis in England says that just as the Supreme Court rulled wrongly on the Health Care Reform...so the population re-ellected Obama for the same reason...they are both reliant on the Federal Government...if the Republicans came to power, or, praise GOD, a Constitutionalist, then what would the masses on wellfare do? and what would the Supreme Court do without the money from the Federal Government.

What happens is that as your Federal Government oversteps its boundaries, it provides more then it should for its people, they begin to believe that they have a right to those provisions, thus they dare not do anything to change the most liberal possible...they dont want change...they want the wellfare state to remain the same.

whilst this works for Europe, its only because they lived off credit...and now the financial system has stopped credit..OMFG they discover that they dont know how they can provide what has become their job specification.

In Europe its forcing us into a Federation...in America its probably about to force you out of one. Eventually the Federal System simply wont function and the State Governments will HAVE to take control...the problem is, they may be so depleted now, that they can not function as soverignties...if that is true...well...your screwed. :unsure:

In theory...the Federal Government SHOULD be able to vanish tommorow, and the State Government in each be able to continue quite alright. My Suspicion is that the Federal Government now opporates THROUGH the State Governments, making them one and the same, simply, local Government of a National Government, that spans fifty states. Remove the Federal...and you will find the State Governments are hollow shells, they have not needed to work as they should in so long, that they wouldnt know where to begin. Thats not encouraging...but I fear its true

flo
11-08-2012, 08:53 PM
its not gloating .. bonnie was making a joke (i think) about obama reminding her of chocolate ..... i was just adding to the joke ... i think you are in great hands for the next 4 years .. i believe your country's economy will grow ... sad part is, most republicans wont admit it, will say it took too long ... it was refreshing to see a republican like chris christie giving obama credit where it was due ... wish more politicians were like that

Wish more politicians had a disaster, so they have to acknowledge CiC walking around with them for one day? By the way, rnc, FEMA (in other words, Obama, since he heads the gov't) has done pretty much nothing for the people still suffering. Ditto that idiot Bloomberg. Private citizens (including my next door neighbor) and churches - yes, CHURCHES - have done far more for the vicitms.

I know you like to poke us in the eye with this election, just like I would have done to you if it had gone the other way. What I'm saying is...this disaster of a president won't affect YOU.

Just where is the economy "coming back"? Our property value is still down 25%; thank heavens we don't need to sell it at this time. Gas is still hovering close to $4 a gallon here. Groceries have gone up an average of 10% the last couple years while salaries stay stagnant. Household income has gone down. Oh yes, unemployment has gone down too...for one month it went from 8.2% to 7.8%. Then last month it crept up again to 7.9%. This is for almost 4 years now. How about that 316 point stock market plunge? Our 401K is going to once again take a dive. It's down almost 100 additional points today. Now that Obamacare is going to be fully implemented, our employer will most likely drop the private ins. that we both pay for and let us get on gubbmint insurance. Great. More patients for fewer doctors as - despite the lies told by Obama - he DID raid medicare to the tune of billions and doctors will be reimbursed approx. 35% less than they are now so he can fund this joke of a bill. Doctors everywhere in the US have said they will no longer accept Medicare patients with that rate of reimbursal as it's not economically feasible to them - or they will simply retire or close their practice.

Please don't tell me how "great" he's going to be. He will be remembered as a thin-skinned community organizer who brought our great country to economic ruin and fueled race and class warfare as never before in our history.

As for that 47%? You know, that huge group of people on the gov't dole that Romney had the stones to talk about? My husband and I are getting sick of working our a$$es off to pay for their free stuff. And with the numbers of the "payors" shrinking while the number of the "payees" grows exponentially, we'll move.

rearnakedchoke
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Wish more politicians had a disaster, so they have to acknowledge CiC walking around with them for one day? By the way, rnc, FEMA (in other words, Obama, since he heads the gov't) has done pretty much nothing for the people still suffering. Ditto that idiot Bloomberg. Private citizens (including my next door neighbor) and churches - yes, CHURCHES - have done far more for the vicitms.

I know you like to poke us in the eye with this election, just like I would have done to you if it had gone the other way. What I'm saying is...this disaster of a president won't affect YOU.

Just where is the economy "coming back"? Our property value is still down 25%; thank heavens we don't need to sell it at this time. Gas is still hovering close to $4 a gallon here. Groceries have gone up an average of 10% the last couple years while salaries stay stagnant. Household income has gone down. Oh yes, unemployment has gone down too...for one month it went from 8.2% to 7.8%. Then last month it crept up again to 7.9%. This is for almost 4 years now. How about that 316 point stock market plunge? Our 401K is going to once again take a dive. It's down almost 100 additional points today. Now that Obamacare is going to be fully implemented, our employer will most likely drop the private ins. that we both pay for and let us get on gubbmint insurance. Great. More patients for fewer doctors as - despite the lies told by Obama - he DID raid medicare to the tune of billions and doctors will be reimbursed approx. 35% less than they are now so he can fund this joke of a bill. Doctors everywhere in the US have said they will no longer accept Medicare patients with that rate of reimbursal as it's not economically feasible to them - or they will simply retire or close their practice.

Please don't tell me how "great" he's going to be. He will be remembered as a thin-skinned community organizer who brought our great country to economic ruin and fueled race and class warfare as never before in our history.

As for that 47%? You know, that huge group of people on the gov't dole that Romney had the stones to talk about? My husband and I are getting sick of working our a$$es off to pay for their free stuff. And with the numbers of the "payors" shrinking while the number of the "payees" grows exponentially, we'll move.

a lot of countries are going through the same thing ... everything up here is expensive ... a car made in canada and shipped across the border is $10,000 more expensive here than it is there, coming off the same line (cross border shopping is huge even if you have to pay duty) ... sure, we are not in as bad a shape as the us .... but we arent far ... places like dubai are letting properties be taken over by the desert because they cant afford the upkeep .. if you think romney could have done better, because he ran companies, thats cool, 60 million plus people didnt think he could do enough obviously ...

Bonnie
11-08-2012, 10:19 PM

I was joking serious! :laugh: I see you're in trouble...again! :tongue0011: :laugh: I did see your reply but decided it was probably best if I didn't touch that! lol

I think we are all adult enough (aren't we :unsure-1: :laugh:) to have civil discussions about political things no matter how strongly we may feel about some things...or people.

You did end up calling the election right, RNC, unfortunately. <sigh> I disagree with you though, I don't think Obama has been a good leader or commander-in-chief for our country and I have serious doubts as to how much reaching across the aisle he will do this time around in order to compromise with Republicans to get some important things done. Another thing he promised us four years ago was transparency and his administration has been anything but!

Normally, I'm all for giving someone a second chance, but not in the case of the presidency, and definitely not in the case of Obama. He's had four years to show us who he is and what his thinking/policies are and none of it has been good for America, not domestically and certainly not with foreign policy. Quite frankly, I don't think he knows what he's doing! But, that 50% who like him and voted for him again decided that that ridiculous nonsense about, "I haven't had enough time" and "look what I inherited from George Bush" sounded perfectly reasonable as an excuse of why he hasn't gotten anything done (other than saddling us with Obamacare) and why he deserves another four years!

Okay, now he has four more years, let's see if he will finally stop his whining and blaming everybody else, and put his big boy pants on, and finally take RESPONSIBILITY...you know, that important thing that a real leader runs towards not away from!

BradW
11-09-2012, 12:42 AM
I was joking serious! :laugh: I see you're in trouble...again! :tongue0011: :laugh: I did see your reply but decided it was probably best if I didn't touch that! lol

I think we are all adult enough (aren't we :unsure-1: :laugh:) to have civil discussions about political things no matter how strongly we may feel about some things...or people.

You did end up calling the election right, RNC, unfortunately. <sigh> I disagree with you though, I don't think Obama has been a good leader or commander-in-chief for our country and I have serious doubts as to how much reaching across the aisle he will do this time around in order to compromise with Republicans to get some important things done. Another thing he promised us four years ago was transparency and his administration has been anything but!

Normally, I'm all for giving someone a second chance, but not in the case of the presidency, and definitely not in the case of Obama. He's had four years to show us who he is and what his thinking/policies are and none of it has been good for America, not domestically and certainly not with foreign policy. Quite frankly, I don't think he knows what he's doing! But, that 50% who like him and voted for him again decided that that ridiculous nonsense about, "I haven't had enough time" and "look what I inherited from George Bush" sounded perfectly reasonable as an excuse of why he hasn't gotten anything done (other than saddling us with Obamacare) and why he deserves another four years!

Okay, now he has four more years, let's see if he will finally stop his whining and blaming everybody else, and put his big boy pants on, and finally take RESPONSIBILITY...you know, that important thing that a real leader runs towards not away from!

i was going to stay out of this but Nate said something that makes that very hard to do....but i will let that slide for now.
As for you though Bonnie let me just say this...
fret not pretty lady because no matter what you think Obama is capable of
he just doesn't have enough time to make things worse...after all,the world is going to come to an end in just over a month from now. :wink:

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2012, 01:48 AM
i was going to stay out of this but Nate said something that makes that very hard to do....but i will let that slide for now.
he just doesn't have enough time to make things worse...after all,the world is going to come to an end in just over a month from now. :wink:

you are such an a-hole and jerk ... lol .. nate loves doing the name calling ... but when it suits him, he bans people for less ...

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2012, 01:50 AM
bonnie, i know u were joking, thats why i replied with a joke (guess it wasnt funny...lol)... still love you guys!!!!!!!!

NateR
11-09-2012, 02:38 AM
you are such an a-hole and jerk ... lol .. nate loves doing the name calling ... but when it suits him, he bans people for less

I haven't banned a single person in about 4-5 years. Stop making stuff up.

flo
11-09-2012, 06:17 AM
bonnie, i know u were joking, thats why i replied with a joke (guess it wasnt funny...lol)... still love you guys!!!!!!!!

It was funny, rnc, I'm just very discouraged and down right now. I'm very sad.

You're a friend and although I enjoy crossing swords with you politically, we agree on other stuff... :) :wub:

And you know I love Canada, my home away from home!!! :happydancing:

Bonnie
11-10-2012, 08:28 PM

Are you talking about the fiscal cliff, Brad?

Looks like the President feels he has all the power and leverage since he was successful in getting re-elected; Harry Reid also with that two seat gain in the Senate. I've seen some of the Obama pundits on tv since the election gloating, basically saying it's not the President's responsibility to compromise on this, that it's the Republicans' responsibility. So I guess if they don't reach an agreement on things before January, the Republicans in the House will be blamed and Obama will come off as the one who tried to be reasonable and agreeable. :rolleyes:

NateR
11-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Are you talking about the fiscal cliff, Brad?

He's talking about this:
http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/2012_oxcgn.jpg

Although, if we were given the choice between the end of the world and another 4 years of Obama..... well, the end of the world isn't looking so bad after all. :laugh:

Bonnie
11-11-2012, 04:19 AM
In all my anticipation of the end of Obama, I completely forgot about the end of the world. :unsure:

NateR
11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I was talking about the election with a few people in church today and we realized that Obama won reelection because he loves the poor people and he loves taking care of poor people.

In fact, he loves poor people soooo much that his goal is to make EVERYBODY in the country poor, so he can care for us all. :wink:

Tyburn
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
he loves poor people soooo much that his goal is to make EVERYBODY in the country poor, so he can care for us all. :wink:

you should be so lucky :laugh:

I think its more like, he wants to steal your money with stealth tax, and promise to help you should you ever need it...leaving you extra poor...and I betcha if something went wrong, he'd not be very quick to help you after all.

He cheats you out of extra money based on promises which are lies.

Thats what the Health Care reform was all about. He doesnt want you to be rich and buy your own health care insurance...he just wants those who cant to be forced to give him an extra tax which he promises will go on health...looks like the Supreme Court saw through that and upheld it in the hopes that they know he would rather spend the money on the federation then health.

Perhaps if he raises enough money he can avoid a fiscal cliff...coz you all dont mind paying for partisan politics after all :rolleyes:

NateR
11-11-2012, 06:59 PM
you should be so lucky :laugh:

I think its more like, he wants to steal your money with stealth tax, and promise to help you should you ever need it...leaving you extra poor...and I betcha if something went wrong, he'd not be very quick to help you after all.

Kind of like what's going on with the Sandy relief effort. He doesn't care about those people now that he's been reelected.

Thats what the Health Care reform was all about. He doesnt want you to be rich and buy your own health care insurance...he just wants those who cant to be forced to give him an extra tax which he promises will go on health...looks like the Supreme Court saw through that and upheld it in the hopes that they know he would rather spend the money on the federation then health.

There are two ways for Obamacare to pan out. One is that it will cause insurance rates to skyrocket so high that people won't be able to afford insurance anymore. So the government will come in with their own "low cost" health insurance to "compete" with the commercial insurance companies. Its rates will be so low that a majority of people will switch over and the government will then control everyone's healthcare.

The other possibility is that Obamacare will bankrupt the insurance industry, because it's impossible for them to remain profitable if they are required to insure everyone, forcing a government takeover of healthcare. People will be so scared of not having insurance that they will welcome the government program with open arms.

Either way, the US government will end up with the power of life and death over its citizens and that will be the death of freedom in this country.

Bonnie
11-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I was talking about the election with a few people in church today and we realized that Obama won reelection because he loves the poor people and he loves taking care of poor people.

In fact, he loves poor people soooo much that his goal is to make EVERYBODY in the country poor, so he can care for us all. :wink:

Did you know that after he was elected the first time, he and his team kept all their offices open in all these swing states like Ohio and Florida, Virginia, etc..., so they've been on the ground these last four years continuing his campaign on college campuses, in minority and poor neighborhoods, with hispanics, asians, women, and then actually taking people to the polls to vote....this is how he won again. This is what was meant when you heard people say he had a great ground game getting out the vote. Another thing in his favor he didn't have to go through a primary like Romney did, he could start spending his money way earlier.

This morning when the President was at the ceremony placing the wreath at the grave of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Cemetery, I couldn't help but think, "I wonder what these military people and veterans think of their Commander-in-Chief with what went down in Benghazi two months to this day on 9/11?"

Bonnie
11-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Either way, the US government will end up with the power of life and death over its citizens and that will be the death of freedom in this country.

Last night, I caught the beginning of John Stossel on FOX, and he was showing a clip where they sent a reporter out asking people (pretty sure they voted for Obama), "What does Obama's re-election mean to freedom?", and all of them had this stumped look on their faces...they didn't have a clue what the guy was asking them! :sad:

NateR
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Last night, I caught the beginning of John Stossel on FOX, and he was showing a clip where they sent a reporter out asking people (pretty sure they voted for Obama), "What does Obama's re-election mean to freedom?", and all of them had this stumped look on their faces...they didn't have a clue what the guy was asking them! :sad:

Bill O'Reilly had it exactly right, most Americans today don't care about freedom, they just want a government that will give them stuff.

Tyburn
11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Kind of like what's going on with the Sandy relief effort. He doesn't care about those people now that he's been reelected.

There are two ways for Obamacare to pan out. One is that it will cause insurance rates to skyrocket so high that people won't be able to afford insurance anymore. So the government will come in with their own "low cost" health insurance to "compete" with the commercial insurance companies. Its rates will be so low that a majority of people will switch over and the government will then control everyone's healthcare.

The other possibility is that Obamacare will bankrupt the insurance industry, because it's impossible for them to remain profitable if they are required to insure everyone, forcing a government takeover of healthcare. People will be so scared of not having insurance that they will welcome the government program with open arms.

Well you'll have a two tier system like what we have in England I suppose...In essence, those who can afford to go Private will pay for their health care through insurance...those that cant will be relient on the Government...what I'm not sure about is whether this will make enough money for the Federation to truely put into practise any kind of working National Health Service...I figure more likely that this is a stealth tax, designed to tax the lowest people with the promise of providing them sub standard health care.

I'm convinced this isnt about health care because noone puts in a "pay us" clause if you cant afford compulsory insurance, and noone puts a clause about tutition fees for university in a National Health Service manifesto.

He either doesnt know what he's doing...or else he's somehow making a free revenue for the US Federation, which would be a Stealth Tax on citizens rather then anything to do with health care

If you ask me, from a Consitutuional perspective, your Freedoms already gone. It went when the Federal Government turned Soverign States into a partisanship bondage. You havent been free since the American Civil War IMHO

To be free you need to de-centralize the Federation, and put it firmly back in its box. No Republican nor Democratic President would dare give away half the power he has now back to the people. You need an Independant, a radical constitutionalist who will demolish your electoral college, stop your Congress from sitting everyday, allow each of the States to govern themselves in terms of all rules and regulations except for Continental Issues like Transport, Import/Exports, the Military, and of course a spot on the Global Scene...but then a true Consitutionalist will also be isolationistic. They might be a super power...like Japan was in the 1500s sort of thing...but they would do like Japan did and close their boarders, withdraw from all but the United Nations, and focus on themselves. The federal Government would be a mouthpiece only for the join decisions of the representatives of soverign states. It would be like a Status Update...not an edict on things beyond its Soverignty.

Only then shall you be free, as you were.

The negatives will include giving up status and power on the world stage, and therefore influence. The negatives will also be infighting between different states, as happened in the lead up to the Civil War. But better you be free to have a civil war, then be tied in bondage to each other so much that you cant tell your Nevada from your New York.

There is another reason this cant happen...you will have to give up your partisanship and start caring, instead, for your State. You will be neither Red, nor Blue...infact, you will be White I suppose. You will be independant of that type of political smokescreen which has kept you fighting over two ideologies when you should have been fighting for your State.

Only when viewed like this can you see how far the US had moved from its constitutional basis. Thats my opinion anyway :laugh:

LOOK! NATER! You have created a Monster :laugh::scared0011::scared0015:

I am so more Right wing then I used to be. So much so, the other day I sat on my table musing through the Daily Mirror...and on the other table sat a friend who has talked to me about politics so many times, both british and american and european. He sat reading the daily mail...we both sat there pretending to read until finally he said

"Swap you" :w00t:

I delightfully dropped the page and said

"Of Course"

As we met in the middle to exchange dailys he said "You Fascist" and I replied "You Commie"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

flo
11-11-2012, 09:36 PM
In all my anticipation of the end of Obama, I completely forgot about the end of the world. :unsure:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But seriously...hear, hear.

flo
11-11-2012, 09:38 PM

Exactly.

CAVEMAN1
11-12-2012, 06:10 PM

Please give some examples......would love to hear how this is even possible....

CAVEMAN1
11-12-2012, 06:13 PM

Bingo!!!!!!

CAVEMAN1
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM

When you have a guy "robbing Peter to pay Paul", Paul is going to go out and vote to make sure the handouts keep coming.

I also think Obama......or should I say the TAX PAYERS bought the election for Obama. When he bailed out the auto industry, he knew it would pay off for a 2nd term. You look at states like Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania........the latter two being swing states. I remember reading somewhere that 1 in every 8 people works for the auto industry. Then you take into consideration that the 1 person also has a wife and kid that vote. That is a lot of votes!

Bonnie
11-12-2012, 10:41 PM
When you have a guy "robbing Peter to pay Paul", Paul is going to go out and vote to make sure the handouts keep coming.

I also think Obama......or should I say the TAX PAYERS bought the election for Obama. When he bailed out the auto industry, he knew it would pay off for a 2nd term. You look at states like Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania........the latter two being swing states. I remember reading somewhere that 1 in every 8 people works for the auto industry. Then you take into consideration that the 1 person also has a wife and kid that vote. That is a lot of votes!

He does love to spend other people's money! And, people love "free" stuff that someone else is paying for!

flo
11-13-2012, 04:13 AM

Bingo!!!!!!

Seconded.

I missed that comment by rev the first time but I think that he is 100% correct. Greece x 30.

rearnakedchoke
11-14-2012, 03:29 PM
He does love to spend other people's money! And, people love "free" stuff that someone else is paying for!

its funny when the dems get elected, its about people wanting stuff ... lol ... or the whole 'i dont know what people are thinking' voting for obama ... its funny, cuz obama won pretty much every demographic ... except well, the white males and seniors and a few others .. i guess they are the only ones who dont want anything or know how to vote .... must be the blacks, latinos, gays, women, jews who all want something ... lol

VCURamFan
11-14-2012, 03:34 PM
must be the blacks, latinos, gays, women, jews who all want something ... lol
Affirmative action, open borders, "marriage" & abortions.

rearnakedchoke
11-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Affirmative action, open borders, "marriage" & abortions.

and the jews???

rearnakedchoke
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
LOL .. you gave me 4 out of 5 .. which is great .. but i am looking for a clean sweep ..

VCURamFan
11-14-2012, 03:42 PM
LOL .. you gave me 4 out of 5 .. which is great .. but i am looking for a clean sweep ..
Hey, you dismissed whites & seniors 'cause you didn't have an explanation for them, gimme jews! :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
11-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Hey, you dismissed whites & seniors 'cause you didn't have an explanation for them, gimme jews! :laugh:

i am actually curious to know why jews traditionally vote dem ... i truly don't know ... and i dont see gay marriage and access to abortions as free stuff, just freedoms people in those demographics want access to ....

VCURamFan
11-14-2012, 03:52 PM
i am actually curious to know why jews traditionally vote dem ... i truly don't know ... and i dont see gay marriage and access to abortions as free stuff, just freedoms people in those demographics want access to ....
Well when the government is suposed to be funding those things (my tax money goign to Planned Parenthood, etc.), then yes, those are free stuff.

NateR
11-14-2012, 04:18 PM

Women might be free to murder their children, but when you force taxpayers to pay for that murder, then it's no longer freedom. If a woman can't afford to pay for her own abortion, then she'll just have to wait for another day to murder her child. Taxpayers who are morally opposed to abortion should NOT be forced to pay for her abortion for her.

Also, I don't believe gay marriage is a "freedom", because marriage itself is not a constitutional right.

NateR
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
its funny when the dems get elected, its about people wanting stuff ... lol ... or the whole 'i dont know what people are thinking' voting for obama ... its funny, cuz obama won pretty much every demographic ... except well, the white males and seniors and a few others .. i guess they are the only ones who dont want anything or know how to vote .... must be the blacks, latinos, gays, women, jews who all want something ... lol

Over 100 million Americans are now on some form of welfare program and that number is not even including those Americans on Social Security or Medicare. The number of Americans on food stamps alone has doubled since Obama took office in 2008. So, clearly the plan has always been to get as many Americans dependent on the government as possible, this way the party who promises those Americans the most stuff will be able to stay in power.

CAVEMAN1
11-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Over 100 million Americans are now on some form of welfare program and that number is not even including those Americans on Social Security or Medicare. The number of Americans on food stamps alone has doubled since Obama took office in 2008. So, clearly the plan has always been to get as many Americans dependent on the government as possible, this way the party who promises those Americans the most stuff will be able to stay in power.

Bingo!!!! Obama essentially bought his 2nd term with tax payer money!!!!! Just a personal experience......and I'm sure I'm not alone.................I don't know how many times between pay checks my wife and I need to run to the grocery store for the essentials and can only spend a certain amount because that is all that is left in the account until pay day. Lo and behold there is always a family there that has 2 carts overflowing with food. Parents & kids grabbing whatever they want like there is no limit. They get to the checkout and out pops the welfare Link card. You'll then see a separate cart that has all the booze and cigs in it and somehow, a wad cash suddenly appears to pay for all of it.
It's those times I question where is the justice. Here in America we punish the working folk and reward the lazy!!!!!!! I see it all the time!

NateR
11-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Bingo!!!! Obama essentially bought his 2nd term with tax payer money!!!!! Just a personal experience......and I'm sure I'm not alone.................I don't know how many times between pay checks my wife and I need to run to the grocery store for the essentials and can only spend a certain amount because that is all that is left in the account until pay day. Lo and behold there is always a family there that has 2 carts overflowing with food. Parents & kids grabbing whatever they want like there is no limit. They get to the checkout and out pops the welfare Link card. You'll then see a separate cart that has all the booze and cigs in it and somehow, a wad cash suddenly appears to pay for all of it.
It's those times I question where is the justice. Here in America we punish the working folk and reward the lazy!!!!!!! I see it all the time!

We used to see the Link Card people show up at the beginning of every month at Walmart and they were often morbidly obese and used those little electric carts to drive around the store. So it's not like they were starving without the Link Card.

Ah yes, I remember the fragrance of cigarette smoke, kitty litter and just the right amount of BO that wafted through the store on those nights. Good times. :sick:

flo
11-15-2012, 06:05 PM

Same here. We're tired of working hard, paying every cent of our taxes and then seeing how those hard-earned dollars are wasted. And I'm really tired of the excuse "but that program is only ___millions of dollars so it's just a drop in the bucket". I'd love to have an iphone but am strictly budgeting right now yet I read about all the so-called Obamaphones being passed out for free. We pay for those with the tax collected on every single phone bill. I don't remember voting for that. The left needs to create a nanny state so that they can rely on those votes and they've done a very good job.

Yes, some people do need help, do need a hand up and I'm more than willing to give it to them. This is a job for family, communities, charities and churches. Not government! But this administration has not only increased the numbers of those on welfare, disability and unemployment but has extended unemployment to 90 weeks (even though every study shows that most people on unemployment start seriously looking for work when it runs out), relaxing the restrictions on the food stamp program and what it will pay for as well as relaxing the requirements to look for work.

We all know people getting that hand-out who are perfectly content to stay there until their entitlement runs out, if ever. This is fundamentally against the core values of our founding and why America was so uniquely successful: a religious belief and practice, marriage bonds and the great work ethic. These three crucial ingredients to our success are disappearing among the middle/lower class, hence the ruin of our culture.

County Mike
11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I want the olden days back, like Little House on the Praire.

If you fell on hard times, you had to rely on your church and friends to help you out. If you were an a-hole who had no friends, then you died. Too bad.

That pretty much meant the problems took care of themselves.

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 06:46 PM
You are all forgetting one thing...which is going to appear very shortly.

You can have a wellfare state based on taxes, but there comes a point where taxes are not enough, thats what half of the borrowing of money has to do with the financial system.

Not only are people on handouts living beyond their means, so are the administrations providing for those. Now what happens eventually is that the Administrations CANT provide for their wellfare state.

At which point the whole thing begins to collapse.

Are you guys not aware of what is going on in Europe? Countries which followed that path far further then you have thus far, should provide a stark warning....People talk about Greece and Spain as if they are victims, but that isnt quite true...The people are rioting of course, but its because their Governments have allowed them to get away with it for years. Even in England we never got as bad as the continent. In Greece they bearely paid taxes, could retire and get a state pension in their early/mid 50s!!!!

Naturally, they are upset that all that has been taken from them...but truth be told, it should never have been given them in the first place.

There are TWO big problems with Democrasy...both totally exemplified by your recent ellection. Firstly, do not kid yourself, Democrasy is no more then an ellected dictatorship. Do not expect your president to keep his promises, and do not expect the insitutions that relay on the existance of the Federal Governments present shape to take him to task. Secondly...and the Romans learned this...Sometimes the people are just wrong. They dont always know what is best for them. Tell me...is a government that provides too much for its people, giving the best to its people...or, is it infact doing them a disservice? Even if the majority vote for them...is that logically for their future betterment?

I spoke about the European Abuse of Freedom, in a blog a while ago...you oughta listen and discover what will happen to you, also, if your country continues its course to the left of centre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGuSfDlhtM

You need to educate yourself if you are to understand what possibly lies ahead...and looking at Europe will help you see where you could end up and why...not just dwelling on the word "communism" but actually understanding from someone, like myself, who lives in a half way world between you and them.

Bonnie
11-15-2012, 06:54 PM

When you have a President: promising amnesty to illegals, yeah he got the Latino vote; promising to tax ONLY those making $250,000+ because they aren't paying their "fair share", yeah he got the vote of all those who want "their fair share" of someone else's money; changing his mind and NOW deciding he is for gay marriage, yeah he got the gay vote; deciding it's employers' responsibility to pay for women's birth control and convincingly selling the "war on women" rhetoric, yeah he got a lot of the single women vote.

He didn't do all these things in the months leading up to the election for nothing, RNC, so come on, get real! :rolleyes:

As for the huge black vote, well...I think that's obvious! :laugh: I admit, the Jewish vote confuses me...why would they vote for him considering the way he has handled things with Israel, Iran, and the Middle East?

What really gets me are those far right hard line conservatives who decided Mitt Romney wasn't far right enough for them so they WERE NOT going to vote for him so they stayed home and helped Obama get re-elected instead!

Btw, nothing you've said makes what I said in my post you quoted any less true! :tongue0011: :laugh:

VCURamFan
11-15-2012, 06:55 PM

If you fell on hard times, you had to rely on your church and friends to help you out. If you were an a-hole who had no friends, then you died. Too bad.

This.

rearnakedchoke
11-15-2012, 07:16 PM
When you have a President: promising amnesty to illegals, yeah he got the Latino vote; promising to tax ONLY those making $250,000+ because they aren't paying their "fair share", yeah he got the vote of all those who want "their fair share" of someone else's money; changing his mind and NOW deciding he is for gay marriage, yeah he got the gay vote; deciding it's employers' responsibility to pay for women's birth control and convincingly selling the "war on women" rhetoric, yeah he got a lot of the single women vote.

He didn't do all these things in the months leading up to the election for nothing, RNC, so come on, get real! :rolleyes:

As for the huge black vote, well...I think that's obvious! :laugh: I admit, the Jewish vote confuses me...why would they vote for him considering the way he has handled things with Israel, Iran, and the Middle East?

What really gets me are those far right hard line conservatives who decided Mitt Romney wasn't far right enough for them so they WERE NOT going to vote for him so they stayed home and helped Obama get re-elected instead!

Btw, nothing you've said makes what I said in my post you quoted any less true! :tongue0011: :laugh:

thats funny ... obama has done so much for the security of israel and he is still made out to be an enemy of israel .. LOL .. .

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 07:17 PM
I admit, the Jewish vote confuses me...why would they vote for him considering the way he has handled things with Israel, Iran, and the Middle East?

I'm not sure about that either...something odd is happening right now...coz Israel did not attack Iran like they said they would before the ellection...infact they attack palastine again...and are angry enough now to be talking about mounting another land invasion like they did in 2009

part of me thinks they suddenly discovered that Palastine was a bigger threat, and part of me thinks its a smoke screen to hide the fact they are about to attack Iran and this will hopefully muddy the waters.

Why any Jew would vote for Obama after his luke warm reception to Israel during his first term is beyond me....Perhaps they were worried about Romney because they understand that Mormonism isnt Christianity and may not be as pro-jew so to speak...IDK

I would just say they winning an ellection appears also to be like winning a war. Your list of how Obama bought the votes via appeasement at the eleventh hour to different sections, reminds me of how Abraham Lincoln made a sudden decree when the outcome of the American Civil War seemed to be heading south (if you pardon the pun) that all slaves were to be considered by the Federation as free, and the waves of defection and gratitutde at being liberated helpped turn the tide of that war...

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
thats funny ... obama has done so much for the security of israel and he is still made out to be an enemy of israel .. LOL .. .

Do name three things he's done

coz I can name three things he hasnt

You might be able to blag the Americans...but you cant blag the British...Im still waiting for the Canadian Politics thread btw...I sware...if I have to ask again I WILL create one and let the US have its revenge :mischievous: :laugh:

Bonnie
11-15-2012, 07:23 PM

This happened "conveniently" a week AFTER the elections:

Quoted from The Blaze:

Hundreds of thousands in Ohio’s food stamp program could see a $50 cut in their monthly assistance starting in January, according to the Toledo Blade. Some consider it ironic that the announcement is coming just a week after the election in this swing state, which was won by President Barack Obama.

rearnakedchoke
11-15-2012, 07:24 PM

You might be able to blag the Americans...but you cant blag the British...Im still waiting for the Canadian Politics thread btw...I sware...if I have to ask again I WILL create one and let the US have its revenge :mischievous: :laugh:

what do i know ... i just make these things up ... but there is this guy ehud barak ... ministry of defence or something for israel... he said this ... but you are probably right .. what does this guy know ..

I think that from my point of view as defense minister they are extremely good, extremely deep and profound, Barak, a former Israeli prime minister, told CNNs Wolf Blitzer. I can see long years, um, administrations of both sides of political aisle deeply supporting the state of Israeli and I believe that reflects a profound feeling among the American people. But I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing in regard to our security more than anything that I can remember in the past.

Bonnie
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM

What does "blag" mean?...."BS"? :laugh:

Bonnie
11-15-2012, 07:39 PM
what do i know ... i just make these things up ... but there is this guy ehud barak ... ministry of defence or something for israel... he said this ... but you are probably right .. what does this guy know ..

I think that from my point of view as defense minister they are extremely good, extremely deep and profound, Barak, a former Israeli prime minister, told CNNs Wolf Blitzer. I can see long years, um, administrations of both sides of political aisle deeply supporting the state of Israeli and I believe that reflects a profound feeling among the American people. But I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing in regard to our security more than anything that I can remember in the past.

I never understood why he said that! He needs to explain himself too! lol

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM

When did he say that exactly? when he served with Olmert?

Ehud is Left of Centre and had to form his own party to remain in power so he could form a coillition with Netenyahu, having been in politics in Israel a very, very long time, he's learned to kiss ass to stay with whoever is in power. When he gets pushed out, he's like a bad smell...give him a year or two, and back he comes. Foreign policy was once his domain, he's the person who has to smooth bad things that Israel sometimes does with the Americans...so he's hardly going to say the Obama Administration is shyte is he :laugh: Whereas Netenyahu is a Right winger...he's also ex-forces aswell, so somehow I dont think Ehud will be standing against his wishes.

Now...If you will continue with the quote to show what exactly President Obama has done "more then anything" is very vague no :huh::laugh:

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Just Kissing Ass Bonnie... :laugh:

He doesnt mean it :ninja:

rearnakedchoke
11-15-2012, 07:43 PM

he's not going to say it just cuz ... media is bias .. i can understand that conservatives laugh at people who listen to everything on msnbc, but then some believe everything fox tells them ... LOL .. they are always going to slant to sway their viewers ..

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 07:43 PM
What does "blag" mean?...."BS"? :laugh:

:laugh: YES :laugh:

Bonnie
11-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure about that either...something odd is happening right now...coz Israel did not attack Iran like they said they would before the ellection...infact they attack palastine again...and are angry enough now to be talking about mounting another land invasion like they did in 2009

But they were attacked first so I don't blame them for retaliating.

Bonnie
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
:laugh: YES :laugh:

Obama is good at that too...BS'n Americans. Maybe that's why RNC likes him so much! :laugh:

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
But they were attacked first so I don't blame them for retaliating.

Yes...but they are ALWAYS being attacked (Israel gets daily bombardment on an adhoc basis near the boarder)...its rare that they respond. This was a hit, judging on who they killed...but I dont know why they bothered...surely Iran is a bigger threat

rearnakedchoke
11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Obama is good at that too...BS'n Americans. Maybe that's why RNC likes him so much! :laugh:

LOL!!!

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Obama may yet win the Political Orator of the Century award

...You do know who won that for the 20th Century...no?

What I would love to see is a debate between the two orators...Who would have won do you suppose...I have to say I was infact a little let down by Obamas campaign...I didnt feel it anywhere nearly as good as the original...I suppose you can say that about most sequels...

The one thing Obama never had was anger at the way things were. Sure he was passionate about changing things, but never angry at the fact they were bad in the first place....He never stampped his foot, or waved his fist.

Maybe thats why he sort of fizzled before his time... (in a vocal capacity obv!)

Bonnie
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM

Obama may yet win the Political Orator of the Century award

...You do know who won that for the 20th Century...no?

What I would love to see is a debate between the two orators...Who would have won do you suppose...I have to say I was infact a little let down by Obamas campaign...I didnt feel it anywhere nearly as good as the original...I suppose you can say that about most sequels...

The one thing Obama never had was anger at the way things were. Sure he was passionate about changing things, but never angry at the fact they were bad in the first place....He never stampped his foot, or waved his fist.

Maybe thats why he sort of fizzled before his time... (in a vocal capacity obv!)

Winston Churchill. :) Obama has nothing on the likes of Churchill, FDR or JFK when it comes to oratory! Obama speaks the words, but I think they have little meaning to him.

But, he might yet win Political Blagger of the Century! :laugh:

I love these British words you're teaching us, Dave! :laugh:

Tyburn
11-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Winston Churchill. :) Obama has nothing on the likes of Churchill, FDR or JFK when it comes to oratory! Obama speaks the words, but I think they have little meaning to him.

But, he might yet win Political Blagger of the Century! :laugh:

I love these British words you're teaching us, Dave! :laugh:

:laugh: try Adolf Hitler :laugh:

BTW...bad news...the air-raid sirens in Tel Aviv just went off. It looks like Palestine has bombed the Capitol of Israel. :unsure-1:

NateR
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
BTW...bad news...the air-raid sirens in Tel Aviv just went off. It looks like Palestine has bombed the Capitol of Israel. :unsure-1:

I think everybody in the Middle East knows what another 4 years of Obama means. This is why the enemies of Israel feel that they can attack with impunity and Israel realizes that they are on their own. They know they can expect nothing from Obama except verbal chastisements for defending their citizens from terrorist attacks.

I guess it's another 4 years of "paper tiger" status for the United States.

Bonnie
11-16-2012, 03:02 AM
:laugh: try Adolf Hitler :laugh:

I'm sticking with Churchill! He spoke English! :laugh:

Yes, I saw that on the news. Israel bombed the car of that Hamas leader yesterday (I think it was yesterday), but I think Hamas started it!

Bonnie
11-16-2012, 03:30 AM
I think everybody in the Middle East knows what another 4 years of Obama means. This is why the enemies of Israel feel that they can attack with impunity and Israel realizes that they are on their own. They know they can expect nothing from Obama except verbal chastisements for defending their citizens from terrorist attacks.

I guess it's another 4 years of "paper tiger" status for the United States.

Israel saw how he responded on 9/11 to our own people's cry for help for over 7 hours in Benghazi, they won't be holding their breath waiting on help from Obama. I'm sure Israel isn't the only one over there that took notice of our "fearless" leader's inaction when our people were in trouble.

It will be interesting to see if we have another Benghazi while Obama is President if our military will act quickly and decisively even without an okay from higher up. The military can't be happy that Obama left two of their own out there to be murdered.

CAVEMAN1
11-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Same here. We're tired of working hard, paying every cent of our taxes and then seeing how those hard-earned dollars are wasted. And I'm really tired of the excuse "but that program is only ___millions of dollars so it's just a drop in the bucket". I'd love to have an iphone but am strictly budgeting right now yet I read about all the so-called Obamaphones being passed out for free. We pay for those with the tax collected on every single phone bill. I don't remember voting for that. The left needs to create a nanny state so that they can rely on those votes and they've done a very good job.

Yes, some people do need help, do need a hand up and I'm more than willing to give it to them. This is a job for family, communities, charities and churches. Not government! But this administration has not only increased the numbers of those on welfare, disability and unemployment but has extended unemployment to 90 weeks (even though every study shows that most people on unemployment start seriously looking for work when it runs out), relaxing the restrictions on the food stamp program and what it will pay for as well as relaxing the requirements to look for work.

We all know people getting that hand-out who are perfectly content to stay there until their entitlement runs out, if ever. This is fundamentally against the core values of our founding and why America was so uniquely successful: a religious belief and practice, marriage bonds and the great work ethic. These three crucial ingredients to our success are disappearing among the middle/lower class, hence the ruin of our culture.

Amen!!!!:)

CAVEMAN1
11-16-2012, 02:36 PM

I agree, Mike! Like me, you probably grew up watching Little House On The Prairie. Every once and awhile my kids give me a hard time because I"ll tune in to watch it on the Hallmark channel.:laugh: Every time I watch it, I can't help thinking that the show would be demonized by media and leftists all over the country if it were still a sitcom today.

CAVEMAN1
11-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Israel saw how he responded on 9/11 to our own people's cry for help for over 7 hours in Benghazi, they won't be holding their breath waiting on help from Obama. I'm sure Israel isn't the only one over there that took notice of our "fearless" leader's inaction when our people were in trouble.

It will be interesting to see if we have another Benghazi while Obama is President if our military will act quickly and decisively even without an okay from higher up. The military can't be happy that Obama left two of their own out there to be murdered.

Agree! The man shows his true colors when it comes to his "no action"policies when it comes to Israel. And now that Kerry could be taking over, I believe it will get worse!

County Mike
11-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I agree, Mike! Like me, you probably grew up watching Little House On The Prairie.

I had two sisters so I didn't have much choice in the matter. Actually was a good show most of the time and it definitely taught some good life values. My mom still watches it on Hallmark a lot. I'll stop over to pick up Hailey and they'll have it on. Hopefully it stays on long enough for Hailey to watch when she's old enough to understand it better.

VCURamFan
11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
I had two sisters so I didn't have much choice in the matter. Actually was a good show most of the time and it definitely taught some good life values. My mom still watches it on Hallmark a lot. I'll stop over to pick up Hailey and they'll have it on. Hopefully it stays on long enough for Hailey to watch when she's old enough to understand it better.
I never watched the show, but my mom read those books to me as a kid. Actually, they have a bad connotation for me because it seems like everytime she was reading them to me, I was in the waiting room of the orthodontist. :ninja: